GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS1 Rankings"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid'.
Sun 17/08/03 at 23:07
Regular
So, can anyone remember the rankings they got after completing Metal Gear Solid on the PSX?

My first ever was Leopard but that was on easy, and then my CD buggered up and I never got anymore rankings despite completing it 5 or 6 more times.

Anyway we gave it a good clean and now it's working (according to my bro) and I'm about to complete the game on hard (without the radar.) However I'm just about to face Vulcan Raven for the second time and I'm really not too sure how I'm gonna beat him without the radar.

So what was your best ranking? I'm sure I've got a magazine somewhere which tells you the best (although obviously if you get Fox or Snake you've done something pretty special), I'll see if I can find it.

Also I saved an extra game just after beating Sniper Wold for the second time so I can watch that all-time classic FMV sequence whenever I want. :D

Okay, I'm off to face Raven and become extremely frustrated, probably breaking my controller by throwing it on the floor at extreme velocities...playing it through again makes you realise how much better it is than Sons Of Liberty...I can't believe they're remaking it on the GameCube. {:(
Mon 25/08/03 at 11:28
Regular
"The Red Shift"
AfroJoe wrote:

> Konami can tell the difference between a games console and a device
> that can act as DVD player, CD player, helicopter depot, nuclear
> fusion research centre, biological weapons factory, etc.
>
> Sorry.

LMFAO!!!!!

i just love that phrase. i own a ps2, but it still makes me laugh.

who wouldnt want a dvd player and a cd player?
chopper depot? my roof is an obstacle.
ive ordered the uranium.
ahhhhhhh, bush is knocking on my door.
*pats knuckles*
Sat 23/08/03 at 21:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'm sorry, Ant. I can't help having a pop at Sony and their multimedia advertising. Feel free to laugh at Nintendo and their super-poor advertising, however. Just as bad... or worse.

MGS1 is proper bo, too.
Sat 23/08/03 at 17:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
*Looks at AJ*

Yeah...hilarious.
Sat 23/08/03 at 00:22
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
They're just spreading themselves thin, taking a leaf out of Capcom's book.
Fri 22/08/03 at 23:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ant wrote:
> I can't believe they're remaking it on the GameCube. {:(

---

Konami can tell the difference between a games console and a device that can act as DVD player, CD player, helicopter depot, nuclear fusion research centre, biological weapons factory, etc.

Sorry.
Fri 22/08/03 at 19:11
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hehe, all A-Cs except German was an E, that was expected though.
Thu 21/08/03 at 21:56
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
*Studiously avoids mentioning GCSE results*
Thu 21/08/03 at 09:06
Regular
"I like cheese"
MGS1 is a far more enjoyable game than MGS2...I would advise you give it a go.

In terms of the plot MGS1 surpasses MGS2 in every area...same goes for music, environments, characters etc.

Anyways, off to get my GCSE results now. :D
Thu 21/08/03 at 00:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
MGS1 was actually better than MGS2. Of course, not in graphical capabilities or realism (ie being able to shoot bottles of wine) but it had more varying environments, storylines, set pieces and more impact at the time. Before MGS1 stealth was something completely new. Now even Tomb Raider uses it.
Wed 20/08/03 at 23:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
MGS1 was fairly revolutionary.

I liked it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.