GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just got Morrowind!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Thu 21/08/03 at 13:35
Regular
I have been debating wether to get this title for a while now, and yesterday decided I would try it. Hey i could always take it back if it was crap!

This game will not be going back.

Is this game big or what? I find myself wandering off exploring and indulging in sub quests. The atmosphere in this game is really unnerving even when u walk into a room for a little theft, then suddenly notice a stange person standing in the corner of the room watching this intruder with their beady little eyes! It's made me jump several times!

I am however having a little difficulty with the fighting aspect of the game.....I keep getting killed by two giant rats! Is there a better weapon for creatures that are low to the ground? I have been using a big mother of an axe but it just swings about missing the damm vermin? Also been killed by a ghost and skelaton combo and a crazy minor with a sword, in fact the only thing I have managed to kill was the ferry(big insect) operator which I duely got locked up for!

I feel if I play this game in long periods I will go mad.

Has ne body got any tips or stories about this game?

I know there is another Morrowind thread but as does happen it has gone off on a tangent!! So for all things Morrowind come here!
Thu 21/08/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Best thing to do is to see what kind of weapon your character is better with. No point using an axe if he has a long-blade preference.
The rats quest is tricky at first, try going to Ebonheart and joining The Imperial Cult - their quests are low-level danger and let you build up money and items without too much fighting.
Just explore, talk to people, join Guilds and do whatever you want to.
The Blades Quests in Balmora (the half-naked old man ones) are the main story quests, I'd leave those until you have got quite a bit of experience or you'll find yourself getting your ass handed to you on a regular basis.

I've been playing, on and off, for about 2 months now and I'm pretty tough. Rats dont last longer than a single swipe, as do most people.
Thu 21/08/03 at 13:35
Regular
I have been debating wether to get this title for a while now, and yesterday decided I would try it. Hey i could always take it back if it was crap!

This game will not be going back.

Is this game big or what? I find myself wandering off exploring and indulging in sub quests. The atmosphere in this game is really unnerving even when u walk into a room for a little theft, then suddenly notice a stange person standing in the corner of the room watching this intruder with their beady little eyes! It's made me jump several times!

I am however having a little difficulty with the fighting aspect of the game.....I keep getting killed by two giant rats! Is there a better weapon for creatures that are low to the ground? I have been using a big mother of an axe but it just swings about missing the damm vermin? Also been killed by a ghost and skelaton combo and a crazy minor with a sword, in fact the only thing I have managed to kill was the ferry(big insect) operator which I duely got locked up for!

I feel if I play this game in long periods I will go mad.

Has ne body got any tips or stories about this game?

I know there is another Morrowind thread but as does happen it has gone off on a tangent!! So for all things Morrowind come here!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.