GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just got Morrowind!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Thu 21/08/03 at 13:35
Regular
I have been debating wether to get this title for a while now, and yesterday decided I would try it. Hey i could always take it back if it was crap!

This game will not be going back.

Is this game big or what? I find myself wandering off exploring and indulging in sub quests. The atmosphere in this game is really unnerving even when u walk into a room for a little theft, then suddenly notice a stange person standing in the corner of the room watching this intruder with their beady little eyes! It's made me jump several times!

I am however having a little difficulty with the fighting aspect of the game.....I keep getting killed by two giant rats! Is there a better weapon for creatures that are low to the ground? I have been using a big mother of an axe but it just swings about missing the damm vermin? Also been killed by a ghost and skelaton combo and a crazy minor with a sword, in fact the only thing I have managed to kill was the ferry(big insect) operator which I duely got locked up for!

I feel if I play this game in long periods I will go mad.

Has ne body got any tips or stories about this game?

I know there is another Morrowind thread but as does happen it has gone off on a tangent!! So for all things Morrowind come here!
Tue 02/09/03 at 10:20
Regular
"Laughingstock"
J-42 wrote:
> How do you become a vampire?
>
> I have the xbox version.

Find a tomb or a ruin with some vampires in and let them attack you. You should contract a blood disease. When you do, wait/sleep for a few days and you will transform into a super-powerful vamp.
There are three vampire clans in Morrowind, and you can do quests for the vampire clan that bit you.
Tue 02/09/03 at 10:19
Regular
"relocated"
J-42 wrote:
> How do you become a vampire?

You have to get bitten by one. It's random and not very likely, so it can take ages: you just have to go to their lair and let them beat the crap out of you until you catch a disease with a weird name. And you can't catch it at all if you've done the Blades quest where you end up immune to disease. Gamefaqs.com will tell you where they hang out, because I can't remember.
Tue 02/09/03 at 09:27
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
I got this game when it first came out and just could never get into it. But i do plan on going back to it soon now that the summer has gone and im waiting for some more games to come out.
Mon 01/09/03 at 22:50
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
How do you become a vampire?

I have the xbox version.
Fri 22/08/03 at 16:36
Regular
"relocated"
Goatboy wrote:
> I'm currently fighting Vampire clans.

Hah! I AM the vampire clans, and I shoot you wiv my fangs.

Actually it sucks. I have to reload constantly because every five minutes some vital character attacks my vampiric ass, forcing me to kill them.
Fri 22/08/03 at 10:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Bora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> There doesn't seem to be much action in the game does there?
---

Not at first, but that's you suck and have no strength/armour/gold etc.
The first few hours are spent being guided around the island, collecting things that will help, easing you into things.
Once you aren't quite so feeble, it begins to pick up speed.
I'm currently fighting Vampire clans.
Fri 22/08/03 at 09:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
nightrider wrote:
> is Ebonheart another town? Currently looking for the charming theif
> for that lady. think i will take your advice and just build myself up
> and do smaller quests.
---

Yeah, Ebonheart is down the bottom, I think it's the lowest part of the map there is - just below Vivec.
You can take a silt strider from Balmora or a number of other towns.
Head to Vivec and go South until you come to a small castle - that's Ebonheart.
Go in, head towards the main part of the castle, go up some stairs and across a walkway. Go through the door, straight across the room and out the other door.
Door on your left is The Imperial Cult Shrine.

Their missions range from collecting money from different people to hunting for ingredients for potions.
It's not the most thrilling of quests, but it will get you familiar with the area and by the time you've done a few, you'll find yourself with loads of gold, potions, weapons and your stats will have increased.

I'd steer clear of Fighter's Guild quests or the main Blades quests for a while.
Thu 21/08/03 at 21:20
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Don't kill the Silt Strider guys! that's how you get around the world.

I've been playing Morrowind for over 6 months. Brilliant game.

Basically, talk to people, join a guild which suits your character's skills/attributes. It's a big, big game and it takes a while to become powerful - especially in wielding weapons and using magic.

Most things are possible in Morrowind, like walking on water, levitating, invisibility, summoning demons, creating magical weapons and items, breathing underwater, shooting fireballs from magical gloves, etc, etc, I could go on and on... it just takes time and knowledge.

Enjoy it. Easily my favourite game.
Thu 21/08/03 at 14:03
Regular
is Ebonheart another town? Currently looking for the charming theif for that lady. think i will take your advice and just build myself up and do smaller quests.
Thu 21/08/03 at 13:46
Regular
I've got it too. I played it for several hours when I first got it. Getting killed by those stupid rats on the first quest did my head in.

I took to stealing stuff and selling it to get better armour and swords/shields.

To be honest I found it frustrating and lost interest. I've not been back to it for a while. Can't seem to get the enthusiasm together to have a proper crack at it. I will do some day, but I'm currently waiting for Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic released in a couple of weeks.

There doesn't seem to be much action in the game does there?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.