GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Epilepsy on XBox."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/08/03 at 00:12
Regular
Got The House of the Dead III today. I was worried that all that flashing that appears on-screen (which is apparently necessary... God knows why) every time you pull the trigger was going to induce severely painful headaches for me, like Confidential Mission did on the Dreamcast (luckily, I never bought that). But so far my zombie busting's been pretty much migraine free.

Also, how come I never heard about the House of the Dead movie preview being on the game disc? I watched it and the movie does look like it'll be worth seeing, if only to compare it to the game and annoy cinema-goers with your "that never happened in the game!!!" rantings... along with the obligatory chucking of the popcorn/sweets/drink at the people in front of you.

Anyway. Good game. I shall review it soon.

*flies off "on patrol"*
Fri 22/08/03 at 00:12
Regular
"Remember me?"
Got The House of the Dead III today. I was worried that all that flashing that appears on-screen (which is apparently necessary... God knows why) every time you pull the trigger was going to induce severely painful headaches for me, like Confidential Mission did on the Dreamcast (luckily, I never bought that). But so far my zombie busting's been pretty much migraine free.

Also, how come I never heard about the House of the Dead movie preview being on the game disc? I watched it and the movie does look like it'll be worth seeing, if only to compare it to the game and annoy cinema-goers with your "that never happened in the game!!!" rantings... along with the obligatory chucking of the popcorn/sweets/drink at the people in front of you.

Anyway. Good game. I shall review it soon.

*flies off "on patrol"*
Fri 22/08/03 at 01:11
Regular
can't get into those house of the dead games. too much damn shooting. you end up with arthuritis in your fingers and a facial tick.

time crisis wasn't too bad, and the sequel was good too.
Fri 22/08/03 at 01:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Shooty gamer are fun for a while, but after mastering them (which doesnt take nearly long enough) theres nowt else to do.
Fri 22/08/03 at 01:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*Nods*
Fri 22/08/03 at 01:15
Regular
cookie mons**ter wrote:
> Shooty gamer are fun for a while, but after mas**tering them (which
> doesnt take nearly long enough) theres nowt else to do.

yeah, you have the gun pointed in the right direction before the enemies appear. not much replay factor.

although they are fun to play when sozzled. your aim goes to sh*t
Fri 22/08/03 at 11:11
Regular
"\\"
I played the arcade version of HODIII and there was a shotgun... You just kept reloading with the slide thing on the bottom and kept shooting... so tiring!
Fri 22/08/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Remember me?"
*has a seizure*
Sat 23/08/03 at 08:50
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> Also, how come I never heard about the House of the Dead movie
> preview being on the game disc?

So you didn't read my gameaday winning review then? Infidel.
Sat 23/08/03 at 18:42
Regular
"Remember me?"
That's right. I can honestly say that I did not read it.
Sat 23/08/03 at 18:44
Regular
Same here to be honest.

I very rarely read other peoples reviews on here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.