GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What MMORPG?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/08/03 at 11:28
Regular
I've always wanted to try an MMORPG but I don't know wich is the best one out now. I was planning on getting Star Wars Galaxies but that didn't get very good reviews. I've looked at things like EVE Online and Anarchy Online etc. but most have mixed reviews...making me very confused and unsure about which MMORPG I should get. Any ideas on which I should get?
Wed 27/08/03 at 15:25
Regular
cipro wrote:
> It's the same with EA and The Sims online, it to did a bit crap in
> the states so EA have put off releasing it Europe.

Eh?
Wed 27/08/03 at 14:26
Regular
"A man with a stick"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Obviously haven't had too much experience of the FF franchise and how
> long it takes to translate one of their games. The fact it's been out
> a year in Japan already doesn't really mean much, if it goes over 2
> years then that's when to panic

Good point, but Final Fantasy X2 was only announced a few months ago and it's already got a sceduled release date in the UK. I think the problem is that there just isn't enough popularity in the game for square to risk releasing it in the west.

It's the same with EA and The Sims online, it to did a bit crap in the states so EA have put off releasing it Europe.
Wed 27/08/03 at 12:00
Regular
I too, have just ordered Eve Online from, Play.com.
It's temporarily out of stock at the moment, but when I get it, I'll be looking for someone to fly around with and generally be baffled.
It's probably no fun solo.
Wed 27/08/03 at 11:53
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I've just ordered Eve Online. I'll probably play it untill I get Everquest 2 (which probably will not come out untill next year).
Tue 26/08/03 at 16:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Obviously haven't had too much experience of the FF franchise and how long it takes to translate one of their games. The fact it's been out a year in Japan already doesn't really mean much, if it goes over 2 years then that's when to panic
Tue 26/08/03 at 12:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Final Fantasy 11 didn't do too well in Japan I think, in fact it's still not been released in the west yet despite being out for well over a year. Never a good sign.
Tue 26/08/03 at 02:59
Final Fantasy 11 looks to be ok when it comes out. But MMORPG's have a problem - theres no point to them, no goal, no ending and just becomes boring after a while.
Sun 24/08/03 at 23:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ultima online has a good following.
Sun 24/08/03 at 21:35
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Final Fantasy XI Online looks intresting. But I may go for Everquest 2 whenever it comes out.
Sat 23/08/03 at 12:58
Regular
Sure you were :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.