GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Red Faction 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Red Faction 2'.
Fri 22/08/03 at 18:42
Regular
Anyone got this?

Hedfix - read your review, never have I seen the words 'perfect dark' used more in one place ;D

What I want to know is - how does it measure up to the Halo? I fancy another shooter and it's a toss up between this and Timesplitters 2.

Input would be appreciated!
Sun 24/08/03 at 14:58
Regular
"8==="
Borat get that N64 and get Perfect Dark. It's better than either.
Sun 24/08/03 at 14:50
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Whatever difficulty I've put the bots on they still do this 'coming at
> me in a line' thing whilst not killing/firing at the other bots in
> the line.
>
> As bot A.I. goes that's shockingly bad.

That's not how they move though. The roll, jump, duck and dive - the animation's great and these 'acrobatics' really add depth to the game. I can't say I've noticed the bots attacking me over my CPU team-mates, but if they do, it certainly hasn't dented the fun I have.

Virus mode is awesome.
Sun 24/08/03 at 02:27
Regular
you all make good points, now I'm confused as to what to buy.
Sun 24/08/03 at 00:50
Regular
"8==="
Whatever difficulty I've put the bots on they still do this 'coming at me in a line' thing whilst not killing/firing at the other bots in the line.

As bot A.I. goes that's shockingly bad.

Basically the bots seem to choose trying to kill the players over killing each other. It should be balanced - it isn't.

Red Faction 2's bots treat every opponent as fair game and that's the way it should be.
Sun 24/08/03 at 00:01
Regular
The bots in TimeSplitters 2 are good - everything depends on the difficulty you put them on.

And Red Faction 2 was in no way a major improvement on the first. The first was a pretty good game.
Sat 23/08/03 at 21:40
Regular
Red Faction 2 is good, a major improvement on the first game. Not a patch on Perfect Dark though. Can't wait for number 2.
Sat 23/08/03 at 20:07
Regular
"8==="
If you're going for TS2 i suggest you get it on Xbox as the Harddisk gives you plenty of space for your own designed levels.

If you are after a game with quality bots though TS2 simply doesn't cut it.
Sat 23/08/03 at 17:44
Regular
Bora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> so what's a good shooter aside from halo then?

Go for TimeSplitters 2. I can honestly say I've had more enjoyment out of that, than Halo. The multiplayer is the best you'll find, and while the single player story leaves much to be desired (despite being quite fun all the same), there's co-op an an extensive challenge mode to boot. A custom mapmaker is among the other features. It's not realistic, but it's what all games should be - damn good fun.

TimeSplitters 2 will offer you something very different to Halo. Get it on 'Cube if you can, otherwise Xbox.
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:33
Regular
"8==="
Some random facts:

The bots are much better in Red Faction 2.

4 player timesplitters 2 without bots is good though.

Timesplitters has more weapons but it has a very 'arcadey' feel to it.

Red Faction 2 has 60 multiplayer levels.

In my opinion Red Faction 2 is the better game because I found its multiplayer far more enjoyable than Timesplitters 2's very arcadey approach.
Sat 23/08/03 at 11:59
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
But wait for Conflict Desert Storm 2 Back To Baghdad, September 12th I believe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.