GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Return post!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/08/03 at 23:03
Regular
Hey!

Sorry I haven't been on recently but needed a break from posting an arguing over pointless Bull :)

Since then I have got a job, picked up a PS2 (today) and picked up Resident Evil Zero and Conflict Desert Storm! A quick warning though about Die Hard Vendetta, I rented it a couple of days a go and no matter how much I tried to enjoy it I couldn't see past the basic nature of a poorly executed game. Some superb ideas like holding guards hostage and a nice stealth aspect of the game. These ideas though are marred by appauling enemy AI, frequent slow down, very poorly executed hero time which looks stupid and some terrible shooting sections. Hopefully the ideas will be taken and made into a a very good game as it has a lot of potential to be a blockbuster title!

Resident Evil Zero is the mutss nutts. Great story, unbelievable graphical details, very scary and a very worthy addition to the series. Xbox/Ninties who don't have the game go out and get it now. One of the finest games out for the Cube and you will struggle to find a better survival horror game out there.

I will be posting again in between my job and trying to support my consoles :) Finally I can look forward to the Christmas period knowing I can pick up games on a regular basis.

Should have LIVE soon so when I do I will post my tagline for others if they wish.

:)
Sat 23/08/03 at 12:36
Regular
I enjoyed Die Hard.

Anyway, I'm glad someone else see's the potential in Hit and Run. This game has actually somehow found it's way to the top of my most wanted list above all the classic games that are coming out in the next few months.
Sat 23/08/03 at 02:04
Regular
Such a shame as the potential is there and I thought the arrest/hold hostage side of the game was awesome and something more FPS games should look towards. No matter how much I tried to like it I couldn't see past the games very big downfall which was the poor shooting sections. Graphically the critics were miles out. Some even said it looked like a PSONE game which is a huge exhaggeration.
Sat 23/08/03 at 00:06
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Oh and in completely irrelevent news, the main rental outlet stores in N. Ireland previously only had PS2 games to rent- however I saw xbox posters in a few and i'm hoping my local one will now have xbox games too.
Sat 23/08/03 at 00:03
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Yea, I played Die Hard Vendetta the other day on a mates PS2 and it truely was one of the greatest piles of cack i've seen in a long time. It's up there with the original Timesplitters as games I couldn't belive were even released.
Fri 22/08/03 at 23:14
Regular
"Remember me?"
Yes, Die Hard is indeed absolutely cack. I rented it for five days, hated it and took it back after the second day (along with ISS2 which was equally bolloch).
Fri 22/08/03 at 23:13
Regular
Picked up the awfuly biased OXM and Xbox World as well. Ones to look out for I would have to say are:

Freedom Fighters
Medal of Honour: Rising Sun
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Swat: Global Strike
Deus EX Invisible War

There are a few in depth articles and video footage on both DVD's and all those games look like ones to watch as they could end up being surprisingly excellent titles.

Xbox World also has the 9 minute Halo 2 footage on the DVD is full screen so those without broadband its you chance to pick it up.
Fri 22/08/03 at 23:03
Regular
Hey!

Sorry I haven't been on recently but needed a break from posting an arguing over pointless Bull :)

Since then I have got a job, picked up a PS2 (today) and picked up Resident Evil Zero and Conflict Desert Storm! A quick warning though about Die Hard Vendetta, I rented it a couple of days a go and no matter how much I tried to enjoy it I couldn't see past the basic nature of a poorly executed game. Some superb ideas like holding guards hostage and a nice stealth aspect of the game. These ideas though are marred by appauling enemy AI, frequent slow down, very poorly executed hero time which looks stupid and some terrible shooting sections. Hopefully the ideas will be taken and made into a a very good game as it has a lot of potential to be a blockbuster title!

Resident Evil Zero is the mutss nutts. Great story, unbelievable graphical details, very scary and a very worthy addition to the series. Xbox/Ninties who don't have the game go out and get it now. One of the finest games out for the Cube and you will struggle to find a better survival horror game out there.

I will be posting again in between my job and trying to support my consoles :) Finally I can look forward to the Christmas period knowing I can pick up games on a regular basis.

Should have LIVE soon so when I do I will post my tagline for others if they wish.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.