GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Return post!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/08/03 at 23:03
Regular
Hey!

Sorry I haven't been on recently but needed a break from posting an arguing over pointless Bull :)

Since then I have got a job, picked up a PS2 (today) and picked up Resident Evil Zero and Conflict Desert Storm! A quick warning though about Die Hard Vendetta, I rented it a couple of days a go and no matter how much I tried to enjoy it I couldn't see past the basic nature of a poorly executed game. Some superb ideas like holding guards hostage and a nice stealth aspect of the game. These ideas though are marred by appauling enemy AI, frequent slow down, very poorly executed hero time which looks stupid and some terrible shooting sections. Hopefully the ideas will be taken and made into a a very good game as it has a lot of potential to be a blockbuster title!

Resident Evil Zero is the mutss nutts. Great story, unbelievable graphical details, very scary and a very worthy addition to the series. Xbox/Ninties who don't have the game go out and get it now. One of the finest games out for the Cube and you will struggle to find a better survival horror game out there.

I will be posting again in between my job and trying to support my consoles :) Finally I can look forward to the Christmas period knowing I can pick up games on a regular basis.

Should have LIVE soon so when I do I will post my tagline for others if they wish.

:)
Sun 24/08/03 at 22:34
Regular
I was a huge fan of both Die Hard Trilogies on the PSONE. Nakatomi Plaza on Die Hard Trilogy will always remain as a classic moment in gaming for my and the PSONE as it was the first title I ever saw and played on the Playstation when it was released. The gun section was quite good and it came in handy when I picked it up along with a Scorpion Lightgun. The only section I could critisise was the driving section. It was ridiculously difficult and very unrewarding and it was marred by a very harsh clock which didn't leave you enough time.

Hopefully someone will make something decent out of the Die Hard licence as it is begging for someone to take it on and turn it into something special.
Sun 24/08/03 at 19:55
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Maverick42 wrote:
> It was rubbish though.

I liked it, remember getting it and the light gun as part of my Xmas pressies that year. May not have looked brilliant but it sure was fun, plus you effectively got 3 games in one.
Sun 24/08/03 at 15:06
Regular
Ah yes. Smackdown 5 I meant.
Sun 24/08/03 at 14:59
Regular
Smackdown 4 is already out on the PS2 and I am thinking of getting it. I have played some more of the Just Bring it demo and its growing on me. If Raw 2 turns out to be a complete flop (which is very unlikely) then I will get Smackdown 4 to fill in the time before Smackdown 5 is released later this year.

I am gutted its a bank holiday on monday though as I won't receive Devil May Cry and the DVD's I ordered. I might see if Gamestation is open in town though as I will pick up a a copy of GTA 3 or Victorious Boxers as they are very cheap at the moment. I am not sure what GAME's policy for bank holidays is but if I remember rightly they were open on the last bank holiday so maybe I will be in luck on that account.
Sun 24/08/03 at 14:46
Regular
The second Smackdown game on the PSX (Know Your Role) is the best wrestling game I've played. I can't say I was too impressed with Just Bring It, but I'm hoping the fourth instalment will be something special. I didn't particularly like RAW on Xbox, or Wrestlemania on GameCube - but I hear the two sequels look quite good. Alternatively, Def Jam Vendetta's got decent gameplay - not unlike No Mercy on the N64 which was also good.
Sun 24/08/03 at 00:06
Regular
Just got back from work and I am very tired. The money is pretty good though and I think I will pop down and pre order Operation Flashpoint XB after the weekend as it looks like it will be released at long last.

Devil May Cry will arrive Tuesday after the bank holiday so once again I can see my time been taken up by what I would say is the best title available on the PS2.

Played a bit of Conflict Desert Storm this morning and notched up 10 stealth kills on the first mission as well as getting every available upgrade for my Assault Trooper. Played a bit of the second mission but it looks like stealth doesn't really play a part as everyone seems to be running through the chaos and despite telling the sniper not to shoot he isn't really taking much notice.

I got a demo of Smackdown: Just Bring it with my PS2 and although its not the latest Smackdown game it looks and plays pretty damn awful. It looks like a modded PSONE title with some nice effects and the only real difference is the solid frame rate. Was thinking of getting Smackdown 4 but I will wait for RAW 2 which should be one of the sleeper hits of the year and certainly a game I can't wait to get my hands on.

Anyway I am off to watch Passenger 57 but I will post tomorrow if I have the time :)
Sat 23/08/03 at 23:58
Regular
It was rubbish though.
Sat 23/08/03 at 18:35
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Die Hard Trilogy on PS1 rated pretty high, as did it's Saturn conversion.
Sat 23/08/03 at 17:39
Regular
Wahey! Ali's back!

Yes, Die Hard is a poor game. I wouldn't call it "absolute cack", as there are some nice ideas, but the execution is simply shocking. Just below average in my books.

It's a crying shame no-one's developed a decent Die Hard game to complement the excellent films - you'd think Sierra, of Half Life fame, would be right for the job. Sadly not, it seems.
Sat 23/08/03 at 14:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Die Hard on Cube was enjoyable and occasionaly very inventive and fun, if a little rubbish in places.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.