GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-Zero GX= Miles to Hard....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Mon 25/08/03 at 16:50
Regular
I've had F-Zero GX just over a month now and can easily say it's one of the best Gamecube games with Mario, Zelda and Metroid. However there is a problem what has now just shown (i left it a month of playing to make sure my opinion was valid) it's miles to hard! We're talking double the hardness of for example Phazon Mines on Metroid Prime or even the Mario Sunshine old-school levels! I'm really enjoying it and understand that games have to be difficult so it has alot of replay value, but it's stupidly hard on some of the story levels, and don't get me even started on the Diamond Cup!

I thought i'll tell you this just incase some people hate really difficult games (as the USA version is out Friday) and for those who love difficult games! Yes you could say i'm a cr*p player but even i can tell when a game is too difficult! Hope this helps you out with your final decision on buying it, if you like hard games and have alot of patient's then go for it, it's superb. Otherwise be ready for an insanely difficult game on even 'Standard' play..... :)
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:54
Regular
The old skool levels were the best part of the game, not hard though, just challenging at times.
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:53
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Dr Duck wrote:
> The F-Zero on the 64 was much too easy, I felt.
> Too hard will be better.

You obviously didn't get to the highest skill setting.
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:49
Regular
Oh, the ones where you lose your water thing?

Not that hard really.
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:48
Regular
Old skool?
Which were those ones?
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:41
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Owen must be living up to his tagline to say that.

They were slightly tougher than normal but not hard.
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:34
Regular
Mario Old School levels were hard?
Tue 26/08/03 at 10:56
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
N64 4 EVA, F-Zero GX is extremly fast (so fast in fact that when i first played it one of the tracks made me feel extremly sick!)I haven't played a game this fast in my life! :)

The game is quite fair, however i wasn't to pleased when i went straight through the track after a jump in the vegas level (this happened to me quite a bit), it was on the hardest cup and hardest level and loosing a life like that didn't help me at all, actually after that i lost!

MY 3 best tracks at the moment are:

Green Plant, The graphics are fantastic, going through the glass pipes at 1600 is just mind blowing! Rating 9/10

Big Blue 'Emerald Cup' (when you finally get there), About 5 massive jumps that need alot of skill to land as you make the lower part of the track below and when you jump and fly into a glass tunnel that takes you under water is also superb! Doing this at a top speed is fantastic.... 10/10

Lightning 'Emerald Cup'. Superb Graphics, Always top speed, Great Rain Effects and the way the track makes you spin around 3 times in a row! Just becareful not to fall off the edge while it does this! 10/10

To be honest most of the tracks are Superb. there all great fun and you'll never get bored of them, my least favourite one is the 'Sand' Track, purely because it has little WOW factor! :)
Tue 26/08/03 at 10:08
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Dr Duck wrote:
> The F-Zero on the 64 was much too easy, I felt.
> Too hard will be better.

Too hard is good, as long as it's fair ...
Tue 26/08/03 at 00:16
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> Memorandum! wrote:
> It's miles to the city too.
>
> Someone will understand this eventually.

I understood it straight away.
Now, gifts.
Tue 26/08/03 at 00:04
Regular
The F-Zero on the 64 was much too easy, I felt.
Too hard will be better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.