GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-Zero GX= Miles to Hard....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Mon 25/08/03 at 16:50
Regular
I've had F-Zero GX just over a month now and can easily say it's one of the best Gamecube games with Mario, Zelda and Metroid. However there is a problem what has now just shown (i left it a month of playing to make sure my opinion was valid) it's miles to hard! We're talking double the hardness of for example Phazon Mines on Metroid Prime or even the Mario Sunshine old-school levels! I'm really enjoying it and understand that games have to be difficult so it has alot of replay value, but it's stupidly hard on some of the story levels, and don't get me even started on the Diamond Cup!

I thought i'll tell you this just incase some people hate really difficult games (as the USA version is out Friday) and for those who love difficult games! Yes you could say i'm a cr*p player but even i can tell when a game is too difficult! Hope this helps you out with your final decision on buying it, if you like hard games and have alot of patient's then go for it, it's superb. Otherwise be ready for an insanely difficult game on even 'Standard' play..... :)
Mon 25/08/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I've had F-Zero GX just over a month now and can easily say it's one of the best Gamecube games with Mario, Zelda and Metroid. However there is a problem what has now just shown (i left it a month of playing to make sure my opinion was valid) it's miles to hard! We're talking double the hardness of for example Phazon Mines on Metroid Prime or even the Mario Sunshine old-school levels! I'm really enjoying it and understand that games have to be difficult so it has alot of replay value, but it's stupidly hard on some of the story levels, and don't get me even started on the Diamond Cup!

I thought i'll tell you this just incase some people hate really difficult games (as the USA version is out Friday) and for those who love difficult games! Yes you could say i'm a cr*p player but even i can tell when a game is too difficult! Hope this helps you out with your final decision on buying it, if you like hard games and have alot of patient's then go for it, it's superb. Otherwise be ready for an insanely difficult game on even 'Standard' play..... :)
Mon 25/08/03 at 17:20
Regular
I'm one of those drivers that likes to go full speed and use the corners to turn.

Hence I suck at F-Zero games.
Mon 25/08/03 at 17:29
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Although difficult, I'll complete it. Because I was amazing at F-Zero X (the only game I can really say this about - I'm normally average at games), and I don't see why I shouldn't be at this.

*Snaps out of arrogant mode*

I can't wait for GX. Better than any Gran Turismo 4 pap, and easily going to be the best racer in a long long time. w00tage.
Mon 25/08/03 at 17:45
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Sorry that should of been 'Emerald cup' instead of Diamond, in my topic.

Anyway, good for you, with an attitude like that you could be fantastic at the game and always enjoy it!

It's great fun to go really fast (i haven't exceeded 1600) on earlier levels in the first cup, it's very difficult to actually fall off the edge, however things start to turn extremly difficult on the second cup on 'Standard' setting; you have to go really fast, not fall off the edge, becareful of your opponents and any other object on the race track and make no mistakes! One hit on the side makes at least 3 cars go past you!!! Buy it and enjoy it, but just be ready for a very difficult game that i'll doubt i will ever complete!!

It is fantastic though...... :)
Mon 25/08/03 at 17:51
Regular
I sucked at F-Zero X and still managed to enjoy it, should think it'll be the same with this one.
Mon 25/08/03 at 19:09
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I loved the challenge from the old one, i got all the cups and everything.
Mon 25/08/03 at 19:30
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I'm one of those drivers that likes to go full speed and use the
> corners to turn.
>
>
> Hence I suck at F-Zero games.

Ooohh oohhh, so am I, expect that I don't suck at F-Zero, I'm only average at a game for a change.
Mon 25/08/03 at 19:41
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
It's miles to the city too.
Mon 25/08/03 at 22:07
Regular
"Conker the King"
I can't understand what all the fuss is about. Yeh I'm looking forward to F Zero GX when its finally released here but having played Extreme G 3 and earned the 1000cc bike, there can't be much more speed on ANY game! F Zero just cannot be faster! It would be impossible to play if it was faster. I know F Zero's playability, control, level design etc will be far superior to XG3's but as i've already said, F Zero just cannot be any faster. And if it is, i'll eat my hat!
Mon 25/08/03 at 22:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
GX is the fastest game ever.
*Puts on typical American mask*
Period.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.