GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Delivery - FASTER!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/08/03 at 03:30
Regular
Why is it you can order a pizza and have it delivered within 30 minutes yet when you order anything else over the internet you have to wait a couple of days??? Why can't they send someone round to your house with it straight away or within a couple of hours?
When I see something I want on the internet, I want it NOW. not "within 28 days".
Wed 27/08/03 at 16:48
Regular
Meh, still have to order my copy. Oh well, I've seen it in the cinema so no rush :)
Wed 27/08/03 at 16:13
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
cipro wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> You should have got yours today but as it
> was a long weekend it may be delayed a day.
>
> Yep I got it today, not there was a rush since I was going to save it
> for this weekend anyway, so I could catch up buy watching the
> original again.

So thats Friday to Wednesday then? Suppose the bank holiday caused some delay as I thought mine would have been here today as it was sent on Monday. Hopefully its here tommorow.
Wed 27/08/03 at 14:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
adrian wrote:
> You should have got yours today but as it
> was a long weekend it may be delayed a day.

Yep I got it today, not there was a rush since I was going to save it for this weekend anyway, so I could catch up buy watching the original again.
Wed 27/08/03 at 14:18
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> Slightly off subject, but if your lucky enough to live near the
> gameplay.com warehouse you can collect your game and pay the cheap
> internett price :)

A few do that.

You can get a pizza in 30 mins, thats because your likely to have at least 1 pizza shop with a 30 min journey time. Plus they send it to you specially. Think how much p+p would be if you had the same sort of service with a DVD or a game. Would be nice to order a game in the morning and get it with in a hour and be able to play it all day, instead of waiting a few days.
Wed 27/08/03 at 09:43
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Slightly off subject, but if your lucky enough to live near the gameplay.com warehouse you can collect your game and pay the cheap internett price :)
Tue 26/08/03 at 22:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Belldandy wrote:
> Play do it 15.99, when you could have ordered from XXXX for 17.99,
> which includes a free 12.99 value book, and paid 1.50 postage, and
> you'd have had it last Wednesday.
>
> Alternatively Tesco does it 15.99 online, argos does it 14.99 in
> store, as does Dixons. Play aren't as cheap as they used to be.

I saw Tesco and in store its £16.99 which I was annoyed about. Didnt think Argos or Dixons would be that cheap. I was on holiday so couldnt order it before I went and ordered it a few days after I got back from play.com. Think play.com would have sent it out early as I had the first LOTR about 9 days before release.
Tue 26/08/03 at 18:33
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Play do it 15.99, when you could have ordered from XXXX for 17.99, which includes a free 12.99 value book, and paid 1.50 postage, and you'd have had it last Wednesday.

Alternatively Tesco does it 15.99 online, argos does it 14.99 in store, as does Dixons. Play aren't as cheap as they used to be.
Tue 26/08/03 at 17:38
Pricestorm.com

£1 cheaper, w00t

But they haven't sent it out yet.
Tue 26/08/03 at 16:45
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
cipro wrote:
> I'm still waiting for The Two Towerts DVD from Play, which was posted
> last Friday. Still I did order it from a site which is based in
> Jersey, so it was obviously going to be a little later than if I
> ordered it from in the UK.

Weekend thats why. Normally takes 2 days from being posted if say it was posted today. I ordered my copy yesterday and with in a few hours it was already packed and waiting, was posted last night. Looked at my order history and saw that most DVDs took 2 days to deliver so I should get mine tommorow. You should have got yours today but as it was a long weekend it may be delayed a day.
Tue 26/08/03 at 12:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm still waiting for The Two Towerts DVD from Play, which was posted last Friday. Still I did order it from a site which is based in Jersey, so it was obviously going to be a little later than if I ordered it from in the UK.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.