GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soul Calibur 2 and F Zero GX reviews"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Soul Calibur 2'.
Tue 26/08/03 at 15:29
Regular
Just been browsing the web and came upon a few reviews of these two highly anticipated games. Firstly IGN has given F Zero a 9.3 which I think is an excellent score. Next Gamespot gave it 8.6 which is still a great score because I believe Gamespot are a little tight with their scores. (They game Mario Sunshine a 8.0! for crying out loud!) They also gave Soul Calibur 2 a 8.5 which is a much higher score than I thought it would get. And finally IGN gave the fighter an great 9.2! Anyway just thought I'd inform you.

And also I will be going to the Nintendo bus thing on Thursday and playing Pikmin 2, Mario Kart, Soul Calibur 2, F Zero GX and possibly 1080 and a few GBA games hopefully. Whatever I play I will give an in depth opinion of how the games are coming along on Friday.

Ghost Killer
Wed 27/08/03 at 18:50
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
The new CUBE just gave F-zero a 9.4 and it was the Japanese version. Very nice.
Wed 27/08/03 at 08:52
"The Will of D."
Icarus wrote:
> The review from these sites - are they free to read? The last time I
> wanted some tips from them they bombarded me with adverts and offers
> to sign up with snowball, or something like that.

Well for one thing I've known IGN for a while and a few years ago they didn't always have an open door policy on their guide and cheats, etc. But now they are open to everybody and I don't get anything annoying asking me to Join at an insane price.
Wed 27/08/03 at 01:13
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Aren't GameSpot owned by Microsoft?

Alledgedly, but they want to keep it quiet so don't tell anyone ! - why do you think they started charging last year ? Mr Gates was feeling poor.
Wed 27/08/03 at 00:03
Regular
Aren't GameSpot owned by Microsoft?
Wed 27/08/03 at 00:02
Regular
Nah, Mario Sunshine deserves no more than 90%. It's really good, and the best platformer of this generation, but I think Mario 128 will really show people it's not as amazing as they first thought.
Wed 27/08/03 at 00:01
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
I'll be getting both games in a few days. Then everyone can rely on good ole TW for the scores!...
Tue 26/08/03 at 21:47
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I think Mario Sunshine is great. Not as good as Mario 64, granted, but still a game worthy of something over 90%.
Tue 26/08/03 at 20:41
Regular
I suppose, I think the EyeToy's great whilst a minory are displeased with it, yet most people like Mario Sunshine a lot more than I do.
Tue 26/08/03 at 20:34
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Do people still not realise it's not half as good as you think? It
> doesn't deserve 9 and people giving it a 10 is just a joke.

It's opinion though.

I think it's a superb game, you obviously don't.
Tue 26/08/03 at 18:07
Regular
Do people still not realise it's not half as good as you think? It doesn't deserve 9 and people giving it a 10 is just a joke.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.