GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best PC game ever."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/08/03 at 18:27
Regular
I know this has probably been done many times before but i was just wodnering what all your best ever games are. I have to say that mine is Mafia, a game i feel ha everything. Good graphics, good gameplay etc.

So what are your best ever PC games and why?
Thu 28/08/03 at 11:22
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
MOH series.
Thu 28/08/03 at 10:49
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Lipe wrote:
> I can't really decide. I don't have many PC games and the ones I do, I
> bought them for online play.

On the other hand, I have around 200 dating from 1985, and I selected 2. It can't be that hard...
Wed 27/08/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I though Settlers 4 was way too short Borat. I went through all the missions for each tribe including the dark tribe in about 3 weeks. I thought 4 was quite dull and a bit too simple for long-time Settlers players. Not much skill required at all I felt.
Wed 27/08/03 at 16:57
Regular
I can't really decide. I don't have many PC games and the ones I do, I bought them for online play.
Wed 27/08/03 at 08:59
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Railroad Tycoon I/ Deluxe.

Simple, yet addictive.
Wed 27/08/03 at 00:38
Regular
Lindgren wrote:
> My favourite ever is the first Settlers game. I played that game
> solidly for 4 years and would still be playing it now if it still
> worked. The other Settlers games didn't even come close to the
> original.

Agreed it was a great title! Although I can't agree that the newer ones aren't up to scratch. I have settlers 4 and it is just as addictive and superb as the first one. It really sucks you in for hours and hours.

Not my favourite though, if I had to name mine it would probably be the original Doom. this game took up a lot of my time when it was released and I can think of no game since that has had such an impact on me.

Other titles I consider strong contenders are : Tie Fighter, Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island 1 + 2, Indy and the Fate of Atlantis, Frontier Elite 2, Carmageddon 1 + 2, Red Alert 1 + 2, Tiberian Sun, Unreal Tournament.
Tue 26/08/03 at 23:43
"I love yo... lamp."
Ah. Shame. If you have XP, you could always try the compatability mode.
Tue 26/08/03 at 22:35
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
The disk woudn't work with Windows 98 upwards, it was a floppy, not a CD and when I tried it a message came up saying it wasn't compatible with the system. :(

I have C&C too and it works fine but its a CD.
Tue 26/08/03 at 22:25
"I love yo... lamp."
What is wrong with it? My 8 year old Command and Conquer original still works perfectly. Although it doesn't look so hot anymore.
Tue 26/08/03 at 22:15
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
My favourite ever is the first Settlers game. I played that game solidly for 4 years and would still be playing it now if it still worked. The other Settlers games didn't even come close to the original.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.