GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Black and White online, CANT DO IT MAN, And Black and White 2, LOOKS FACKIN MINT"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Black & White 2'.
Tue 26/08/03 at 21:51
Regular
Black and White 2, LOOKS FACKIN MINT,

You should av a look at the screen pics if you aint already done, the game looks better than half life 2!

it comes out at christmas and the online will be much better that the predocesor b & w.

Anyone know why and how its such a mess around jus to get b and w creature island online.
plz Reply, and if its summint daft and imiture your gonna say, DONT BOTHA MAN.
Fri 05/09/03 at 10:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I usually chose the monkey, because he learned the quickest.
But started playing again last week and chose the tiger.
Viscious little killer he is.
Try and download a training map called "Kilroy's Training Ground", and play that as a skirmish map.

It has endless miracles, loads of villages to take over, an existing village with endless resources so you can just concentrate on creature training.
I've done that, and Fakka is a 5yr old tiger on land 1.
He is highly violent
100% strength
95% fatness
Not at all frightened
Not at all playful
Black hearted.
Fri 05/09/03 at 10:30
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
You have to import them from a different land. I also picked the monkey because he rocked. I thought.
Fri 05/09/03 at 10:16
"For the horde!!!!"
What happens if your villagers all die out?

I thought you could be evil and crush them into the ground and destroy their buildings?
Thu 04/09/03 at 17:32
Regular
So which animal did you all pick? I picked the monkey since he seemed to be the cutest, however, the cow looked quite funny too.
Thu 04/09/03 at 09:53
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I just downloaded it a few days ago and started playing it again (as I mentioned in another thread the disc went kaboom in my drive after it 'developed' a crack in it)

I can't be bothered going through the single player stuff again, but I've been playing the skirmish games and teaching my monkey, which is quite entertaining.
Thu 04/09/03 at 00:14
"I love yo... lamp."
The first was original and fun if not exactly perfect. Still, those problems should have been sorted for the sequel.

P.S. Please try to be a bit more legible. You will get taken more seriously if you do.
Thu 04/09/03 at 00:03
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> The creature is great fun and the AI outstanding.
> But you end up simply micro-managing the villages, as mentioned
> below, so your creature just does his thing whilst you plant trees
> and build houses.
>
> A nice idea but buried beneath a shoddy base-building game. Still
> good laugh to train your monkey and make him mental

strange, but that was almost the exact reply I was going to type, although with this part added :

picking up your villagers with a giant hand and pelting them at their own houses is enjoyable in a way I never thought possible. who said god is good?
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:59
Regular
"man utd manager"
Your all right, i loved it for the first few days untill my creature didnt seem to need to learn anymore, as mentioned quite rightly below you keep getting told to attend to your minions, (villiagers) lol

The hole idea was great and the AI thing was just remarkible, even if you were disapointed in the gameplay you could set the camera to fall asleep to a picturesc bit of scenary, lol, B&W 2 looks ab fab as it has all of the no1 release and more, you can nbow teach your animals new spells etc, including tactics and commands to dis out orders, this comes in handy as you can assighn troops to your animal so he will train, command and support during village wars, the wars themself will involve EVEN MORE men than the shogun trillogy, WOW, it has a great new engine as well so the worries of your syster speed can be tamed.

search with google to find some pics and info etc, i did.
Wed 27/08/03 at 18:28
Regular
Yep, the game still got great reviews though. I bought it and played it until I had to move island and then it got a little boring.
Wed 27/08/03 at 14:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The creature is great fun and the AI outstanding.
But you end up simply micro-managing the villages, as mentioned below, so your creature just does his thing whilst you plant trees and build houses.

A nice idea but buried beneath a shoddy base-building game. Still good laugh to train your monkey and make him mental

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.