GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who buys OXM"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/08/03 at 21:52
Regular
Just wondering
Wed 03/09/03 at 22:34
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
But all magazines are biased, Games TM certainly is.
Wed 03/09/03 at 22:29
Regular
I generally agree with what GamesTM say, and I find that their reviews and previews are always excellent without fail. OXM just tries my patience with all the stupid, biased, fanboy comments they make.
Wed 03/09/03 at 22:27
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I don't like OXM's reviews, but then again I'm finding there is no real magazine that rights decent reviews, Games TM used to be good at it, but the moment they started getting popular it seemed like they lost it. Still a great magazine though. OXM's an official mag, I only buy it for the demo's, news/previews. I rarely look at gaming news on the internet except on gigex when I download stuff, and if anyone posts something here. Same with reviews, never even read an online one, I prefer something I can read anywhere rather than staring at a screen.

To be honest, I'm starting to just buy games I like the look of, whatever the reviews say. Some games are only flawed if you know where to look for the flaws.
Wed 03/09/03 at 20:18
Regular
Auf deutsch™ wrote:
> Either Shiny actually made the game good for the X-box or more
> likely, the OXM writers rarely play any good games

Well they are an Xbox magazine :D
Wed 03/09/03 at 20:03
Regular
"Unretired"
I only buy it for the demos, I don't have the patience to read their ramblings. I don't like how they review games, 99% of the text in the reviews are pointless metaphors and comparisons, and general nonsense that does not help me in my decision of whether to buy the game or not.

In a review I want to be enlightened in the main aspects that will interest me in the game: Sound, Music, Graphics, Multiplayer and Gameplay, but OXM leave me none the wiser about any of the games they review, and lets face it, I am not forking out £40 for a game based on the scores I see written in a magazine. But still, £6 for a demo of CDS2 or KOTOR wins my vote.

Plus anyone noticed, the scores seem to contradict the review?
Wed 03/09/03 at 19:51
Regular
Heh, those OXM monkeys gave Enter the Matrix about 85%

:S

Either Shiny actually made the game good for the X-box or more likely, the OXM writers rarely play any good games
Thu 28/08/03 at 00:02
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Belldandy wrote:
> latest issue clearly states that videos will be on the Sept 4th issue then they'd have no need to answer it.

*in Leny tone* Aaaahhhhhhh nuts. I look like a rite nob now.
Wed 27/08/03 at 23:22
Regular
Sorry about the triple post guys - not sure what happened there.

Wed 27/08/03 at 23:21
Regular
I've bought PC games off the welsh looking guy with long hair (coincidentally from Wales).

He used to work at my local Game store.
Wed 27/08/03 at 23:21
Regular
I've bought PC games off the welsh looking guy with long hair (coincidentally from Wales).

He used to work at my local Game store.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.