GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who buys OXM"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/08/03 at 21:52
Regular
Just wondering
Sat 20/09/03 at 22:11
Regular
Just dragging this topic back up ....
Sun 07/09/03 at 21:30
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> I think gamezfreak will back me up on this.

Yup. I find Xbox Gamer good at times - And crap at others. Like OXM. Its well written with good articles on certain issues in the Xbox world - Its quite a mature approach I guess.

> aswell as the excellent
> DVD.

The DVD is brilliant - But they did'nt have one this issue so I did'nt buy it.
Sun 07/09/03 at 21:15
Regular
And, to be honest, what's better?
Sun 07/09/03 at 21:14
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Really ? Are you ill or something ?
>
> It's written by what I can only describe as the most retarded
> journalists I've ever seen, who seem to think that lauding themselves
> as "pro gamers" will impress someone, that copious swearing
> throughout the magazine makes them look hard/cool, that filling the
> pages with screenshots and a short paragraph or two makes a review,
> and that they're collectively the best thing ever. Plus, I'd prefer a
> games mag to give cover space to GAMES , what relevance random models
> have to the Xbox I don't know.

Have you even read the magazine? As a general rule now, I don't buy Xbox only mags, but I do have a copy of Xbox Gamer lying around. The writing was actually good (as good as XBM) and while I don't agree with most of their review scores, they're a solid magazine. There isn't copious swearing at all, or at least, not in the issue I own. I think gamezfreak will back me up on this.

The models are just how they sell the mag, aswell as the excellent DVD.
Sun 07/09/03 at 20:43
Regular
"  "
Maverick42 wrote:
> Have you picked up a recent copy of NOM?
>
> Granted, I'm sure many of us could write better, but they do get the
> information across and are much funnier.

Hah! The new NOMs utter cack, and that's why I came into this topic, to see which XBox mag is best, to replace my purchase of the tripe, childish, and review lacking magazine. Now wonder the console has a childish image if mags like that say 'Ask you Dad' and 'You're probably too young to remember'. Get in bin now.
Sun 07/09/03 at 13:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well for anything bad that PS2 mags say about XBox, I'm sure the XBox World mag more than equals them all. They seem to dedicate a good 2 or 3 pages to battering the PS2 every month.
Sun 07/09/03 at 08:55
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Really ? Are you ill or something ?

It's written by what I can only describe as the most retarded journalists I've ever seen, who seem to think that lauding themselves as "pro gamers" will impress someone, that copious swearing throughout the magazine makes them look hard/cool, that filling the pages with screenshots and a short paragraph or two makes a review, and that they're collectively the best thing ever. Plus, I'd prefer a games mag to give cover space to GAMES , what relevance random models have to the Xbox I don't know.

I only buy it for the strategy guides.
Sun 07/09/03 at 00:10
Regular
Aside from XBM, Xbox Gamer is the best Xbox-only mag out there.
Sat 06/09/03 at 22:36
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Bought X gamer today for the Brute Force Guide.

Guide is good, mag is crap and now languishes in the bin.
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:33
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I found the Freestyle Metal X demo on this months mag very enjoyable, it's like Tony Hawks on a bike. In the actual game, as you unlock each level they become part of one big arena instead of being their own individual stage. It's a really good game by the sounds of it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.