GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dark Chronical"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dark Chronicle'.
Wed 27/08/03 at 17:15
Regular
"GT3 Rules"
Dark Chronical looks wicked! I havn't heard a lot about this game latly, but this is gonna be a BIG game. They say it has 100's of hours gamplay and it looks fab.
This could get a 10/10 from OPS2 magazine, in my opinion this looks better than timesplitters 2, though i'v never been a fan of timesplitters anyway.
I posted the first review for Dark Chronical even though I no nofink about the game. I just love it!!!
Fri 19/09/03 at 19:41
"period drama"
Yar. I saw a piccie of the fish. It got a bit bigger. And even more gay. If that's possible. If fish were homosecksual they'd be like that.
Fri 19/09/03 at 19:28
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Except for the fish.
Fri 19/09/03 at 19:20
"period drama"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Having never played Dark Cloud, im wondering, is it worth getting Dark
> Chronicle? Will i be missing out on a big part of the story line? Or
> is it a new adventure ect?

It's a totally new game.
There's no-one from the original in it.
At all.
Thu 18/09/03 at 01:21
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Having never played Dark Cloud, im wondering, is it worth getting Dark Chronicle? Will i be missing out on a big part of the story line? Or is it a new adventure ect?
Wed 17/09/03 at 15:50
Regular
For each dungeon you clear you create a new event, be it a new chest appearing back in town, a new storyline development, extra scoops to collect and so on. The rest of the time you can go back to easier dungeons to level up Steve or your weapons, but overall I've found it's quicker to just invent new weapons and use those instead.

I've still got those gold medals to get...
Wed 17/09/03 at 15:21
The dungeon can get damn boring. As there are no puzzles as such. Just random layouts full of monsters.
Tue 16/09/03 at 21:19
"For the horde!!!!"
Rent it
Tue 16/09/03 at 19:18
"period drama"
Just tell me about the building bit.
One big place or lots of little ones?

That's all I ask.
Tue 16/09/03 at 13:56
Regular
Buy it and find out. Or are you just waiting for a complete 'talkthru' to be posted to save you £33.99?

Trust me, if you knew how good this game was you'd pay 10 times that. Think Final Fantasy X (depth) meets Suikoden (collectible characters on the train) with a bit of Zelda (real time combat) thrown in, then add a dash of Skies of Arcadia (original storyline), a smattering of Final Fantasy VII (weapon upgrades) and pretend the whole thing was designed from the ground upwards by the offspring of Miyamoto and Kojima with an unlimited budget.
Mon 15/09/03 at 21:53
"period drama"
Oh -FM?

What's the Georama bit like?
Is it one big place where all the bits go? or lots of separate villages like before?
And is there more extra bits like trees, path and river parts?
More raised earth sections?
More freedom with the layout?

I always thought that at the end of the original you should have been able to take every part from every village and put them all into a big city. 'Twould have been great.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.