GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thinking of getting an Xbox...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/08/03 at 14:26
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I will be selling my GC in afew weeks, to make way for a xbox(maybe).

The main reason is Colin Mcrae Rally 04/PGR 2.

The lack of Driving games on the GC is doing my head in.

Im not sure how much i will be getting for my GC, but i will be probley selling it on Ebay.

But the only thing holding me back really is using Xbox Live. I already have NTL BroadBand 150k, but ive looked on the NTL site and its telling me the first year costs would be £389.88. Abit steep aint it?

Also where the best place to buy a Second-Hand Xbox? Ive been into SR Stapleford and quite frankly that shop is going down the pan. Ebay is probley too expensive (?).

Cheers
Fri 29/08/03 at 14:26
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I will be selling my GC in afew weeks, to make way for a xbox(maybe).

The main reason is Colin Mcrae Rally 04/PGR 2.

The lack of Driving games on the GC is doing my head in.

Im not sure how much i will be getting for my GC, but i will be probley selling it on Ebay.

But the only thing holding me back really is using Xbox Live. I already have NTL BroadBand 150k, but ive looked on the NTL site and its telling me the first year costs would be £389.88. Abit steep aint it?

Also where the best place to buy a Second-Hand Xbox? Ive been into SR Stapleford and quite frankly that shop is going down the pan. Ebay is probley too expensive (?).

Cheers
Fri 29/08/03 at 14:30
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Also is there any Xbox packs out there that include the S controller insted of the regular controller?

My hands dont like the regular controllers.
Fri 29/08/03 at 14:48
"I love yo... lamp."
I don't know where you might get a cheap Xbox, unless the mars bar thing is still doing Xboxes at £70 with 70 credits.

Not sure about the packs either with the S controller. I prefer the original personally.

As for Live, it is £39.99 a year. You pay your normal broadband costs. 150k BB might not be fast enough though, I think repeat THINK there is a minimum speed of like 256k. Can't remember for certain though.

£389.99 would be you yearly running costs for BB plus the money for the Live subscription. If you already have BB it'll only cost you £40 per year.
Fri 29/08/03 at 14:52
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> As for Live, it is £39.99 a year. You pay your normal broadband
> costs. 150k BB might not be fast enough though, I think repeat THINK
> there is a minimum speed of like 256k. Can't remember for certain
> though.

I See, cheers.
Fri 29/08/03 at 14:54
"I love yo... lamp."
I'd definitely double check that though.
Fri 29/08/03 at 14:55
Regular
"QPR 1974"
I'm pretty certain the 256kb/s speed is minimum aswell, but I don't have Live, so, again, I couldn't be sure.
Fri 29/08/03 at 15:13
Regular
You should be able to find a much cheaper broadband supplier. I pay £20 a month for mine whic is 512 download and 256 upload. As for Live you wont really have any problems with lag unless your doing stuff with lots of people with crappy connections. You should be able to connect to XBL with your current speeds but I cant guaruntee it.
Fri 29/08/03 at 15:21
Regular
"QPR 1974"
What ISP have you got, eskimo?
Fri 29/08/03 at 17:24
Regular
"All about the Beats"
eskimo wrote:
> You should be able to find a much cheaper broadband supplier. I pay
> £20 a month for mine whic is 512 download and 256 upload. As
> for Live you wont really have any problems with lag unless your doing
> stuff with lots of people with crappy connections. You should be able
> to connect to XBL with your current speeds but I cant guaruntee it.

I would do, but we have NTL telly and telephone too.
Fri 29/08/03 at 20:05
Regular
"\\"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I don't know where you might get a cheap Xbox, unless the mars bar
> thing is still doing Xboxes at £70 with 70 credits.

They sold out like about 3 days after the topic was started here.

Now i have over 100 credits and nothing to buy... I got another 20 infront of me i should really put in.

All the good stuff seems to have sold out so ive got all these credits and naff all to buy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.