GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thinking of getting an Xbox...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/08/03 at 14:26
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I will be selling my GC in afew weeks, to make way for a xbox(maybe).

The main reason is Colin Mcrae Rally 04/PGR 2.

The lack of Driving games on the GC is doing my head in.

Im not sure how much i will be getting for my GC, but i will be probley selling it on Ebay.

But the only thing holding me back really is using Xbox Live. I already have NTL BroadBand 150k, but ive looked on the NTL site and its telling me the first year costs would be £389.88. Abit steep aint it?

Also where the best place to buy a Second-Hand Xbox? Ive been into SR Stapleford and quite frankly that shop is going down the pan. Ebay is probley too expensive (?).

Cheers
Mon 01/09/03 at 11:09
Regular
Have been away for a couple of days so...

My ISP is freedom 2 surf, part of BT but not BT. Very confusing but quite cheap and hardly anyone else on thier lines so a good connection.

The cone challenges on PGR are very annoying, but once you have your lines worked out you can slide round corners and place the car through the next cone perfectly in line for the one after. I still havent completed it but I only need the last 2 or 3 cars. I just cant do the races on the penultimate level, #12 i think. Every time you get a decent lead 5 cars come charging at you from behind and at least one of them takes you out on a corner.
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:43
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> The first 2 chapters or so of PGR were a bit slow until you got a few
> of the better cars. By the time you get to the Skyline it starts to
> get really good. Really should have given it a decent shot first.

I've got the corvette, it's a great game, but some of the challenges are too damned frustrating.
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:40
"I love yo... lamp."
Belldandy wrote:
> Played a few races, I can tell if I like a game within about half an
> hour. I'm no big racing fan, but GT2002 did interest me, PGR doesn't
> and I certainly won't bother with the sequel.

The first 2 chapters or so of PGR were a bit slow until you got a few of the better cars. By the time you get to the Skyline it starts to get really good. Really should have given it a decent shot first.
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:31
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Kirby's Air Ride is a racing game eh ? A fun game eh ? Ooookay, just
> looks like a crap game to be honest, and the reviews I've seen
> support that...

It looks like something original - unlike the generic crap you're always getting in the charts. The reviews I've seen justify it as a good game. Don't be so narrow-minded; broaden your horizons.
Sun 31/08/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Played a few races, I can tell if I like a game within about half an hour. I'm no big racing fan, but GT2002 did interest me, PGR doesn't and I certainly won't bother with the sequel.
Sun 31/08/03 at 18:00
"I love yo... lamp."
Belldandy wrote:
> Rented PGR last week for five days, it's nowhere near as good as I
> expected and I still prefer Sega GT2002.

How far did you get though? It gets better the further in the game you get.

I like the cone challenges although they are way too hard.

Overtake challenges rock!
Sun 31/08/03 at 15:37
Regular
"All about the Beats"
:p
Sun 31/08/03 at 11:22
Regular
"  "
DreamWarBird wrote:
> Natbuc wrote:
> Get SEGA GT 2002. I'm stuck in two minds whether or not it's better
> than GT3. I'm not sure it is, but it could be. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. There
> are so many good things. If you have hotmail, please add me. I want
> to talk with you urgently! [email protected]
>
>
> Word.
>
> Added You. Just got back from pub.

Yeah got yah. Dreamcast? Pfft. ;D
Sun 31/08/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Kirby's Air Ride is a racing game eh ? A fun game eh ? Ooookay, just looks like a crap game to be honest, and the reviews I've seen support that...
Sun 31/08/03 at 11:13
Regular
I'm putting my Cream Under Bees Eye's soon on eBay so if anyone wants it...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.