GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil: Code Veronica on GameCube?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil: Code Veronica'.
Sat 30/08/03 at 13:37
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Hi,

I was wondering, just about every Resident Evil game has now come to the GameCube apart from one which is Code Veronica. And it's this game that I really want the most. So will Code Veronica ever come to Nintendo's system?
Sun 31/08/03 at 17:59
Regular
"the burning sky"
TGMbloke wrote:
> *Que one million complaints*
>
> Just like to re-cap:
>
> Resi & Mario Golf=Average
> Sunshine & Zekda & Wario & Metroid=Above average (Way
> above)
>
> Ninty should advertise them more when they where new. But no. They
> never bothered.
>
> But they do advertise Resi and I have seen lots of Mario Gold ads.
> And as for the GBA link up...I just think they either:
>
> a) Are so big headed assume that MArio needs no adverts (Which is
> kind true, but not so much these days when every other game out gets
> ads)
>
> b) Lost their touch, and know that crap sells so they just update and
> re-release old games to try and get some cash, and just churn out
> Mario for the fans - not interested in making new ones....
>
>
> Who knows?

1st Complaint. The First line of what you posted. I believe it is spelt "Cue".
Tue 02/09/03 at 18:20
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
gerrod!!! wrote:
> resident evil = rubbish
>
> you all know it's true, you're just lying to yourselves.

:O

Thats a shocking statement, but you are entitled to it :p

I have got RE: CV on the Dreamcast and its a stunning game, i can only imagine how stunning it will be when it hits the GC.
Tue 02/09/03 at 18:24
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I've played Resident Evil games on the Saturn, Playstation, PS2 and Gamecube, and all have had one thing in common, no make that three things in common;

*Rubbish control system (fans call this the "classic" controls)
*Over hyped
*Boring

And before anyone complains, this is my opinion of the games, if you like them then hoorya for you, I don't.
Tue 02/09/03 at 18:29
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I can rememeber when i first got RE for the PS1 and i HATED the controls system so much that i put the game down after just 20 mins infuriating play for 3 months and didnt play it again till i had gotten sick of hearing just how good this game was supposed to be... well i played it again, hated it again (but less so) then i played more and more and slowly felt myself loving every minute of it, the controls became 2nd nature and by the time RE 2 came out i was fully hooked.

Like all things in life some people like X some people like Y... theres nothing wrong with that.
Tue 02/09/03 at 19:06
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Well no, but i hope that the graphics will look better as they should do on a newer version, the graphics however are not what im hoping to see improvements in... everyone remembers the original PS version of RE and also the GC version of the same game which contained new areas and the scares were just more beliveable (for me) maybe that was down to the visuals pulling you into the game im not sure.

I wont say that there will be any significant difference between CV on the Dreamcast and CV on the Gamecube cos i think the differences will be subtle like lighting and audio, with perhaps a few new areas to explore and new scares... either way i will buy it, i am a fan of the series but i appreciate that RE isnt everyones cup-of-tea.
Thu 04/09/03 at 08:59
Regular
"thegodfather"
rabid wrote:

> everyone remembers the original PS version of
> RE and also the GC version of the same game which contained new areas

The new area's and slightly different puzzles did make the re-make enjoyable for Resi-die hards.
It's a shame the RE 2 and 3 were only straight ports of the playstation versions, I think it's just a Resi thing, you either hate it or play it until the cows come home.

( can't wait for RE 4 )
Fri 05/09/03 at 12:29
Regular
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X is a port of the extended PS2 version of the Resident Evil game. It is the first 3D resi game and is without a shadow of a doubt the best in the series. It is already out in Japan and is due this Christmas in Europe.
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:00
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> I've played Resident Evil games on the Saturn, Playstation, PS2 and
> Gamecube, and all have had one thing in common, no make that three
> things in common;
>
> *Rubbish control system (fans call this the "classic"
> controls)
> *Over hyped
> *Boring
>
> And before anyone complains, this is my opinion of the games, if you
> like them then hoorya for you, I don't.

I'd've thought that after the Playstation, you'd've realised by then instead of spending more money on Playstation 2 and GameCube Resi games.
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:04
Regular
edgy your a noteble?.....SE-WEET! :)
Fri 05/09/03 at 20:06
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Josh 64 wrote:
> edgy your a noteble?.....SE-WEET! :)

Oh you noticed :@}

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.