GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto IV - a bit nearer"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto IV'.
Tue 13/03/07 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
Well, looks like the Official Grand Theft Auto IV Website has been updated to include a countdown clock for the game trailer. The timer will stop on Thursday, March 29.

First the trailer, then (hopefully) the playable demo, then the game...
Fri 30/03/07 at 13:16
Regular
"8==="
True Crime was really fun. Haven't played number 2 yet though. NARC was fun too.
Fri 30/03/07 at 12:18
Regular
It is a made up City, it's Liberty City again only much bigger and much closer to the real New York. Oh and True Crime and Spider-man 2 were not fun!
Fri 30/03/07 at 10:25
Regular
"lets go back"
It looked like Spiderman 2 with added gloss to me. I'd prefer a made up city based on a real city, just like the other GTA's.
Fri 30/03/07 at 07:03
Regular
Hahahahahahahahahahahha.

Is that... supposed to impress me?

I've already had fun in New York City, it was called True Crime and
Spider Man 2.
Fri 30/03/07 at 05:02
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The GTA: IV trailer is up on XBox Marketplace too. I've watched it twice now and I've got that "So what's actually new in terms of gameplay?" feeling, although I have to admit the thought of going on a rampage in Times Square and being able to drive recklessly through the rest of New York sounds a bit of fun.

My biggest question would be: exactly how much of New York have they managed to cram into the game and will it be a bit more impressive to drive around in than, say, The Getaway?
Fri 30/03/07 at 00:17
Regular
"Mooching around"
Wow that was a waste of time... I got to see a few buildings and found out it's in new york.

With a Russian. Yay.
Thu 29/03/07 at 23:51
Regular
"8==="
Their building creator quit so it's ended up being set in New Orleans.

What?
Thu 29/03/07 at 23:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yup Statue of Liberty, Trump Tower, Times Square it's New York woooo :-D

Character sounds russian.

Graphics looking very snazzy already
Thu 29/03/07 at 23:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Got it downloading off rapidshare at the moment, hope it works.

Does seem that it's NYC/Liberty City though
Thu 29/03/07 at 23:38
Regular
Jack Thompsons nuked the Rockstar site!

I've seen like 10 seconds of footage, it looks really pretty from what I've seen but it's hard to tell exactly where it's set. It definetly looks like America again though, maybe New York? But then Liberty City was supposed to be New York and it looks nothing like that.

The rest of the trailer might be finished downloading sometime before release day if I'm lucky.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.