GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"red faction help please!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Red Faction'.
Sun 31/08/03 at 12:39
Regular
I bought red faction 1 for my pc and have downloaded all the latest patches drivers and the latest direct x. when it starts the whole screen is jumbles as the main menu is basically a puzzle put together i need someone to tell me what to do.
Wed 03/09/03 at 18:22
Regular
~*[Axe-Man]*~ wrote:
> Red Faction 2 Sucks don't know why I bought it hopefull No.3 will be
> better.

after red faction's seemingly horrible reception form many, it doesn't look like no.3 is possible. though Red Faction was a fountain of fun for a long time with my clan, till we broke up. the fact that is easy as pie to make levels means i was also a mapper. the level capabilities were very limited though...
Tue 02/09/03 at 14:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Red Faction was one of the worst FPS I've ever played.

It seemed to ba game desperately trying to be the next Halo or Half-Life and it failed on all accounts. Vehicles were underused and put in stupid places, A.I. was complete rubbish, level design was bland and uninspiring and that whole Geo-Mod technology was one huge overrated feature that felt more like a gimmick than an important part of the game it was made out to be.
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:58
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Red Faction 2 Sucks don't know why I bought it hopefull No.3 will be better.
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Lipe wrote:
> Red Faction? Isn't that game rubbish?

Oh yes.
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:27
Regular
Red Faction? Isn't that game rubbish?
Sun 31/08/03 at 22:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My old graphics card couldnt handle red faction, infact it appeared just like you described it, all jumbled up.

Im guessing its your graphics card.
Sun 31/08/03 at 20:49
Regular
and what graphics card/chip do you have?

when i had my SiS, Red Faction was unplayable because it was torn up real bad.
Sun 31/08/03 at 20:48
Regular
do you mean 365mhz processor or 365mb RAM?
Sun 31/08/03 at 20:47
Regular
sorry, but 365 mhz just isn't meaty enough for Red Faction's power-hogging-but-don't-know-why engine.
Sun 31/08/03 at 20:24
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Surely 365Mhz is not enough to run Red Faction? What's it say about the minimum CPU speed on the box?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.