GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good News Bad News"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 31/08/03 at 19:29
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Good News - Halo action figures, consisting of Master Chief, Cortana and a mini Warthog, are all now available.

Master Chief comes with Assault Rifle and a Sniper Rifle, stands around 6" tall and is poseable.

Cortana is not in scale, for obvious reasons, and comes with a light up base, it is supposed to simulate Cortana during the game intro before Keyes shuts her down.

The Warthog, again not in scale, comes with 3 mini figures, master chief and two marines, moveable wheels/steering and rotating back gun.

The bad news ? Limited availability, don't expect anyone in the UK to get them as a lot of US sellers are out already.

Obviously not everyones thing, but for people like me who like gaming and like action figures they are great. eBay UK has none on, eBay US has some but prices are steep when you factor in shipping and VAT/duty.

Currently I'm searching the net for an online store with them, preferably one that'll fiddle the value for customs....
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:53
Regular
Cheers Dandy! I have just checked through the Paypal and they charged the card on the 18th so that is why it hasn't shown up on this months statement. Hopefully it will next month so I can start to use Paypal.
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:29
Regular
I do - But my msn is being homosexual.
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:24
Regular
"All about the Beats"
gamezfreak wrote:
> DreamWarBird wrote:
> Notts till i die :D
>
> WOO
>
> 3 Notts people in the Xbox forum. YAY
>
> NOTTINGHAM

LOL. You guys use MSN Messenger?
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:21
Regular
The guy I mentioned before has said he has the following in stock;

(3) Master Chief
(2) Cartana
(3) Warthog

Also www.toyvenue.com has them listed BUT it's Singapore, and it's Paypal only again. You have order, not pay, then they confirm availability and shipping charges, then you get 2 days to pay once they tell you the cost, or you can not bother.
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:19
Regular
DreamWarBird wrote:
> Notts till i die :D

WOO

3 Notts people in the Xbox forum. YAY

NOTTINGHAM!
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:19
Regular
Alastair, when did you make the original payment ? I don't know how your credit card company operate but barclaycard compile statements on the 20th, hence and transaction after the 20th does not show on the statement I get for that month. Add to this, Paypal can take up to 5 days to take the money from your card, hence if you signed up on the 16th it could be that your payment to them won't show until the next statement.

The only other way to do this is to check your available credit, and see if the amount is out by the equivalent of $1.50 . If it is not then it looks like the payment was never made.

once you get Paypal working it is great because you can buy from abroad without worrying some git will knick your card details and suchlike, I know it may be a big pain to sort out, but it is worth it, in my opinion.
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:15
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Belldandy wrote:
> Yay, another Notts person on here !

Notts till i die :D
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:14
Regular
DreamWarBird wrote:
> Belldandy,
> You try Another World in Notts?
> 3rd floor had Halo 1 figuers, when the game first came out.

They were promo figures, can't be these because they only came out a week ago in the USA, I phoned Another World today and they just seemed generally confused...

Yay, another Notts person on here !
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:14
Regular
It doesn't and thats whats strange. I completed the forms and they said it would appear as a charge for $1.50 and this would be credited when I entered the 3 digit code next to this payment charge from the statement. When the statement came through there was no charge or code. Now I don't know what to do.
Mon 01/09/03 at 18:12
Regular
Is the paypal charge even on the statement ?

You could try emailing them http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact-general and include in the email the fact they have charged you, and exactly how it is shown on your statement. Can you post here what it says on your statement for the transaction ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.