GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good News Bad News"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 31/08/03 at 19:29
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Good News - Halo action figures, consisting of Master Chief, Cortana and a mini Warthog, are all now available.

Master Chief comes with Assault Rifle and a Sniper Rifle, stands around 6" tall and is poseable.

Cortana is not in scale, for obvious reasons, and comes with a light up base, it is supposed to simulate Cortana during the game intro before Keyes shuts her down.

The Warthog, again not in scale, comes with 3 mini figures, master chief and two marines, moveable wheels/steering and rotating back gun.

The bad news ? Limited availability, don't expect anyone in the UK to get them as a lot of US sellers are out already.

Obviously not everyones thing, but for people like me who like gaming and like action figures they are great. eBay UK has none on, eBay US has some but prices are steep when you factor in shipping and VAT/duty.

Currently I'm searching the net for an online store with them, preferably one that'll fiddle the value for customs....
Sun 07/09/03 at 19:36
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I'm expecting some figures sometime this week, they were sent our from the USA from two different people, Master Chief and the Warthog from one, Cortana from another, that was on Wednesday last week, and they take 4-10 days, so maybe this week :)

Once they get here I'll post what I think of them and what kind of quality they are like etc In the end I had to go for rip off eBay US but I made sure to choose high feedback people, and those who agreed to do creative writing on the customs form :D

In the end, I paid US$40 for Cortana including Shipping, and US$75 for a Master Chief and a Warthog including shipping. All are insured and via Airmail. Will they be worth it ? Bl**dy well hope so !

BTW, decided to go back to my PM account.

(it's Belldandy for those who haven't figured it)
Sun 07/09/03 at 13:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Meh, stupid typo. ::throws brick in long arc at the running borat:: ;-)
Sat 06/09/03 at 22:58
"I love yo... lamp."
Went into the Forbidden Planet store in Glasgow today. Asked if they had any Halo figures. "No, there's no such thing, we had the Halo books on though". Numpty. Anyway, anyone got a Halo figure at all yet?
Mon 01/09/03 at 22:16
Regular
*fianceé

*runs*
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I've put my sexy finacee on the case. ;-) Plus I'll be looking around myself. ;-)
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:48
Regular
"I'm not"

Heh :D
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:06
Regular
Cheers. I aren't really desperate for the full collection its more just the Master Chief as an ornament for my TV. The Dante Devil May Cry figure looks awesome though and that should go nicely.
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:04
Regular
If you get desperate go for eBay US. Try searching

Master Chief
Cortana
Warthog
Wart hog
Halo Action Figure
Halo Figures
Halo Figure

etc
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:03
Regular
As soon as I can I will order the series 1 Halo Warthog and Master Chief. As far as I am aware I can not access my statement for the particular card that I use. It should be through within the next couple of weeks along with the Devil May Cry figure I ordered.

The series 2 figures are launched in the US towards the end of October/Beginning November and they look better than series one. Hopefully though I will be able to locate a series 1 figure in time.
Mon 01/09/03 at 19:16
Regular
No problem, it is a pain waiting but it is important that no one but the person who owns it can register a card, once you have one registered with them you can add others at will without this process.

If you Card Company has online statements like barclaycard does you might get it off there, don't know if yours does though.

On another note, the guy I mentioned below has said my stuff will be posted tomorrow, it's Labour Day in the USA today hence no post offices are open.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.