GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life 2 on a Nintendo!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:24
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
But NOT the GameCube!

It will more than likely be an N5 launch title!

And quite a nice one at that!

:)
Tue 02/09/03 at 14:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Resident Evil does rock muchly. Seeing as I never played the first, it was an entirely new game.
Tue 02/09/03 at 14:30
Regular
"8==="
H-L2 has quite a few ground breaking ideas which should still be fairly ground breaking 2 years later.

The N64 launched with Hexen 64! HEXEN!! And it was damn good, despite being old.

I would have welcomed a re-release of Perfect Dark and a Turok games bundle on the Xbox.
Tue 02/09/03 at 14:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yup indeedy.

I'd rather have a brand new Nintendo shooter (like Geist but more advanced, obviously) at launch, or some other big name that *wasn't* 2 years old. If I get BB in my area, I shall be getting an XBox (But not selling the Cube!) so I would get it on that rather than the 'N5'.
Tue 02/09/03 at 14:22
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Doom only sold well because at that time very little was like it, the only other FPS games on the PC were Wolfenstein and Quake, on the consoles Doom was first on all of them except ( I think ) SNES , it was a new kind of game so was bound to sell well. Nowadays FPS games are available by the bucket load. I'm just saying that, as a game to sell consoles, it seems a poor choice, anyone that does want a console to play the game on would have already bought an Xbox .
Tue 02/09/03 at 14:18
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Isn't Half Life 2 going to be rather old by Christmas 2005 ? It'll
> have been out on PC for 2.5 years, and Xbox for 2 years, I mean as a
> launch title it's questionable.
>
> Fair enough, those without a PC or Xbox will get to play it, but by
> 2005 Xbox will only be around £100 (probably) and Half Life 2 a
> Classics game. I thought the idea of launch titles was to draw in new
> gamers as well as old, and Half Life 2, by that time in 2005, is
> going to be old news.
>
> It'll be like Nintendo going:
> "Look our new console runs this game....erm which the Xbox did 2
> years ago.....er next."
>
> Before I'm assailed by angry people I'll point out this is just my
> opinion.

On the PC there will be mod makers ala the Counter Strike makers worked on Half Life to make such a popular mod now (yet i dont like it)
Tue 02/09/03 at 14:16
Regular
"8==="
True but how long did DOOM jump from console to console and computer to computer?

DOOM sold by the bucketload for AGES, mabye H-L2 will too.

and there's bound to be expansions...
Tue 02/09/03 at 14:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Thats what I was kind of getting at.

It'll be way too old by that time.
Tue 02/09/03 at 11:38
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Isn't Half Life 2 going to be rather old by Christmas 2005 ? It'll have been out on PC for 2.5 years, and Xbox for 2 years, I mean as a launch title it's questionable.

Fair enough, those without a PC or Xbox will get to play it, but by 2005 Xbox will only be around £100 (probably) and Half Life 2 a Classics game. I thought the idea of launch titles was to draw in new gamers as well as old, and Half Life 2, by that time in 2005, is going to be old news.

It'll be like Nintendo going:
"Look our new console runs this game....erm which the Xbox did 2 years ago.....er next."

Before I'm assailed by angry people I'll point out this is just my opinion.
Tue 02/09/03 at 00:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Cooky wrote:
> Honestly, the GameCube is good, but going that in a year or slightly
> more, Nintendo are planning on bringing out another console.... kinda
> tells you something!
>
> :)

The cube successor is pencilled in for 2005, a 3 year life span isnt exactly awful.
Tue 02/09/03 at 00:14
Regular
I concur with that last statement.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.