GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Baulders Gate - Dark Alliance"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance'.
Wed 03/09/03 at 18:39
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I originally sold my GC about 8 months ago but ive since bought one again, in the time i didnt own a Qube i lost track totally on all things in the console world so can someone answer the following question please?

Is Baulders Gate - Dark Alliance out on GC UK/Pal?

What are your opinions on the game?

Fri 05/09/03 at 20:23
Regular
"8==="
Halo's main game Co-op is miles better than TS2's though.
Fri 05/09/03 at 20:05
Regular
rabid wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
>
> Yup you can play it 2 player co-operative. The co-op is so good it's
> been compared to Halo's co-op for sheer enjoyability.
>
> Thats great... i will be getting this game ASAP now... Timesplitters
> 2 is fanstastic in multiplayer too.

Yes it is :) especially with loads of bots because you just go mental with the rocket launchers

and the co-op because you can shoot each other when your frustrated when they take the ammo for the gun you have :)
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:19
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Hedfix wrote:

> Yup you can play it 2 player co-operative. The co-op is so good it's
> been compared to Halo's co-op for sheer enjoyability.

Thats great... i will be getting this game ASAP now... Timesplitters 2 is fanstastic in multiplayer too.
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:12
Regular
when I played halos co-op on my mates XB I found it tedious but I'm not saying its a bad game its pretty neat but I found it rather annoying, just my opinion :)
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:04
Regular
"8==="
rabid wrote:
> Please excuse my ignorance but...
>
> Are you still talking about Baulders Gate here, if so are you also
> saying that it is multiplayer?

Yup you can play it 2 player co-operative. The co-op is so good it's been compared to Halo's co-op for sheer enjoyability.
Fri 05/09/03 at 17:24
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Alec i didnt know you read the GC section, heres a Resident Evil spoof diary that i wrote about a year ago before the game had come out.

I heard that RE zero will contain more 'creatures' than any previous RE, this gave me an idea to write something odd/funny. I hope you enjoy it.

Date: July 24th 1998
Subject: 'What happened last night?'

Its now been 6 hours since the horrors occured in Raccoon City and surrounding Raccoon Forest. The only known survivor of this nightmare is Billy Coen, an ex-navy seal who is recovering from severe trauma here at S.T.A.R.S medical bay. The following is a diary of events that were written by Billy and it answers as many questions as it creates...

"9.40 pm. Rebecca has sent out a destress flare following our choppers crash landing due to engine failure, personaly i think Rebecca was checking her makeup in her compact and didnt notice that big oak tree but anyway...

10.27 pm Rebecca saw an abandoned train in the distance, weve just boarded it and theres something not right here, maybe its the putrid smell of rotting flesh... maybe its the fear of travelling 2nd class or maybe it was the fact that Rebecca was emptying her pistol into a stream of walking zombies, well im not keen on 2nd class but my money was on the zombies.

I hid behind a seat occupied by a headless corpse, i was too scared to move as Rebecca mowed down the living dead, one after another i heard their heads pop and Rebecca seemed to be enjoying every minute of it, i wasnt going to be mistaken for a zombie so i stayed put.

10.58 pm The train has started moving!! we couldnt have travelled for no more than half a mile when suddenly there was a loud bang on the carriage roof almost causing it to collapse ontop of us, the metal folded and tore like cardboard, i could hardly believe my eyes as i saw a giant scorpion with 4 feet long pincers right above me.
We were trapped like mice in a cage with no where to run, Rebecca began to fumble around in her handbag, she pulled out what looked like Mosquito repellent and began to spray the Scorpion right in the face, im pretty sure the spray wasnt standard S.T.A.R.S issue but i didnt care and besides only women know why they carry so much stuff around with them, the Scorpion screamed in a loud high pitched insect type way then lost control and fell from the moving train, Rebecca didnt say anything as she placed the spray back in her handbag and i didnt ask

11.22 pm We both decided to jump from the train so we waited till it passed a grassy slope then leapt off.

11.47 pm Weve been walking for over 20 minutes now and are getting close to Raccoon City, Rebecca seems to be on a high at the moment after just taking out another 4 zombies from redicously close range, why she waited till she could almost touch them before finishing them i have no idea.

12.10 am Im not sure i should include this in my diary cos its the most bizarre thing i ever did see and no-one will ever believe it... We were just sabotaged by a bunch of Tulips !! They came right out of nowhere and stood infront of us then started to whip us with their flowery heads, Rebecca once again delved into her handbag and this time she produced a set of pruning sheers, a couple of snips later and the ordeal was over, again i asked nothing.

12.37 am Just arrived at Raccoon City and the whole place is deserted, theres an all too familiar aroma of rotting flesh coupled with a distant scream perhaps signalling another victim of the fauna fiasco.

I could swear i just saw rebecca checking her makeup but maybe im wrong.

We turned down Albany Street and slowly walked towards the church where the ealier screams seemed to have come from, outside the church we find the rotting remains of one of our team... it was John Edwards, a new recruit to S.T.A.R.S, his legs were completely missing and i struggle to stop myself from wretching as i notice hundreds of maggots feeding on his carcas. The smell was so revolting we both covered our mouths with handkercheifs just so we could get past.

12.58 am We enter the Police station hoping to find a survivor or two but are greeted on our entrance to a swarm of giant bluebottles.. the monster flies had fed so well on the corpse by the church that they had grown to a size far beyond what nature intended, i now realised what had happened to that poor blokes legs, they were dinner for these guys!
The bluebottles began to encircle us, once again we were trapped and once again Rebecca came to the rescue, she told me to duck and run for cover when she gave the signal, i agreed happily then could barely believe my eyes as she started to hit the giant bluebottles with a flyswatter she had hidden about her person.

I was by now seriously questioning the sense of humour of the weapons distributor back at S.T.A.R.S, he was either very well informed or very stupid.

1.23 am A thorough search of the Police station prooved fruitless which was just as well really cos i wasnt looking forward to being attacked by a killer pineapple.

Rebecca had this crazy notion that the zombies must have come from the nearby graveyard, well it wasnt really that crazy an idea but i told her it was cos i didnt fancy walking right into the zombies homes and introducing myself as supper.

1.48 am We arrived at Raccoon City cemetry and as i had hoped everything seemed very quiet, perhaps a little too quiet but i wasnt complaining.
The batteries in my torch were starting to run low by now so i couldnt be held fully responsible when a 37 foot sunflower started to hiss at us as we got near it. Feeling a little left out of the action i began to hack at the thick stem with my survival knife, wrong move! the sunflower swooped down in defence knocking Rebecca backwards causing her to bang her head against one of the tombstones, i moved back quickly in her direction to find she was spark out of it, realising my knife was useless i opened Rebeccas handbag and found something that i thought was a first aid spray, i read the label and to my amazement it said 'Fast acting Weedol' scratching my head and laughing at the same time i emptied the weedol all around the giant sunflower and rushed back to where Rebecca was lying, she wasnt breathing... i began to give her mouth to mouth resucutation...no response...then i felt the earth tremour...then it shook... then the sunflower fell straight down ontop of us, covering us totally, i hope someone comes to rescue us soon cos im finding it hard to breathe and im beginning to black ou..."

End

S.T.A.R.S senior deputy statement...

'I find it very difficult to accept the above explanation as an accurate course of events so i have decided to conclude that Billy Coen must have been under the influence of one too many green herbs'
Fri 05/09/03 at 17:01
Regular
"It's been a while.."
rabid you written me any more reports?
Fri 05/09/03 at 17:00
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Please excuse my ignorance but...

Are you still talking about Baulders Gate here, if so are you also saying that it is multiplayer?
Fri 05/09/03 at 15:43
Regular
"8==="
Yeah I've gone through the game in 1 player. It's just in 2 player (with 2 new characters on normal) the Orb is damn hard to beat.
Fri 05/09/03 at 14:44
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Sorry for the triple post. Its a long since I plyed it, so I'm remembering it in dribs and drabs.

What you have to do with this one is kill all the monsters that keep coming up (probably best if you take a side of the room each), and then after each wave of monsters, run into the middle of the room and attack the Orb. The Sorceress works well in this bit, because she can attack from long range with her magic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.