GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Baulders Gate - Dark Alliance"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance'.
Wed 03/09/03 at 18:39
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I originally sold my GC about 8 months ago but ive since bought one again, in the time i didnt own a Qube i lost track totally on all things in the console world so can someone answer the following question please?

Is Baulders Gate - Dark Alliance out on GC UK/Pal?

What are your opinions on the game?

Wed 03/09/03 at 18:39
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I originally sold my GC about 8 months ago but ive since bought one again, in the time i didnt own a Qube i lost track totally on all things in the console world so can someone answer the following question please?

Is Baulders Gate - Dark Alliance out on GC UK/Pal?

What are your opinions on the game?

Wed 03/09/03 at 18:48
Yes.

Played the PS2 version, it's very good as a hack 'em up. It's repetitive though.
Wed 03/09/03 at 18:51
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Excellent thankyou, have you any rough idea it was released please?

Also i played the Baulders Gate series on PC and loved every minute of it... is it in a similar style to the PC vesions or have they (Black Isle) changed things around?
Wed 03/09/03 at 18:53
Regular
Hell no.

It's a rubbish no brainer button basher.
You'd have a better time playing crotch hockey with a whisk.
Wed 03/09/03 at 18:55
rabid wrote:
> Excellent thankyou, have you any rough idea it was released please?
>
> Also i played the Baulders Gate series on PC and loved every minute
> of it... is it in a similar style to the PC vesions or have they
> (Black Isle) changed things around?

Released for a few months now, I'm sure it's still available online...

Well, it's quite different - instead of clicking your character to the destination, you control him directly. Also, you're on your own throughout the quest, unlike BG2 where you were just one of a aprty. Lastly, there are a LOT less spells on hand, and the dwarf can't even use them.
Thu 04/09/03 at 08:54
Regular
"8==="
Great game. Read my review: it explains how long the game can potentially last before it is completely finished..
Thu 04/09/03 at 09:08
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Thankyou, i'll do just that.

Thanks to everyone else too for your replies :)
Thu 04/09/03 at 14:31
Regular
"relocated"
I loved Baldur's Gate on the PS2. (And I think my review of it was the first time I won GAD, hoorah.) It doesn't require much brainpower, but it's incredibly involving and compulsive. It looks gorgeous too, probably one of my favourite titles looks wise. I haven't done everything there is to do in the game, but the main campaign is long enough to keep you amused for ages. Highly reccommended.

There's also a sequel on the way, but I'm not sure what formats it's coming out on and when.
Thu 04/09/03 at 14:49
Regular
Isn't it like a poor mans diablo?
Fri 05/09/03 at 11:42
Regular
"8==="
It's like Diablo but without the poor 'point and click' interface.

It's Diablo evolved.

Apparently you can import your characters into the sequel, I think the starting characters in the second game might be of higher levels but they'll probably start at level 1 and if you import a previous character you'll just have an easier time of it.

On a further note I found starting the two-player on Normal difficulty far too hard once we reached the '2nd boss' (no spoilers you see) in the first chapter.

I have worked out how the 2 player is meant to be played.

Either: with imported characters from two single player games who can handle themselves and don't need too much experience

Or: Go through the two player game on easy, then import the developed characters into a new game set on the 'normal difficulty' setting. Once you've done that I guess you move to the 'hard difficulty' setting.

This seems like the only way to do it as starting a two player game with two fresh characters becomes way too hard after a while.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.