GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buffy: Chaos Bleeds review..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds'.
Thu 04/09/03 at 00:07
Regular
IGN gave it 7.7 and a few others were around the top 6's to early 7's. Its going off my list as after reading what its like it sounds like an inferior version of the first Buffy game which costs about £15 new if you look around. The scores didn't put me off it was the content of the reviews and a few have stated the game engine is slower than the first Buffy and that the moves aren't as varied or technically accurate. Oh well wasn't one I wanted but I would have given it a further look if it had sounded a little better.

Your thoughts on this?
Mon 27/10/03 at 11:02
"It wasn't me!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Belldandy wrote:
>
> Of course Spike can die from a vampire bite, if he could keep on
> fighting regardless of injury he'd be indestructible.
>
> A Vampire that dies when another Vampire bites him? bit stupid me
> thinks. Surely they should take out the biting move when you're
> playing with spike and have them beat the crap out of him then show
> an animation of him getting staked?

that's exactly what they should have done, but as someone else said (sorry - can't remember who) they don't really care who you are playing as...............does that mean sid can die from a vampire bite??????
Mon 27/10/03 at 10:38
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Well if you want to be that picky about it, then Spike isn't actually shown dead nor does anything say he is dead when he loses all his energy. When you consider that you have to be seriously crap to even let one of them bite you anyway - and The Invisible Man
say's it is easy - then it's not really an issue is it ?

However, here is the true reason why Spike dies: The computer code does not give a toss which character it is, the animation for the vampires says when they do the "suck neck" move that they do it on whatever character it is, because the characters we see are just graphics imprinted upon constructs within the game world.
Mon 27/10/03 at 10:21
Regular
Belldandy wrote:

> Of course Spike can die from a vampire bite, if he could keep on
> fighting regardless of injury he'd be indestructible.

A Vampire that dies when another Vampire bites him? bit stupid me thinks. Surely they should take out the biting move when you're playing with spike and have them beat the crap out of him then show an animation of him getting staked?
Mon 27/10/03 at 09:59
Regular
Limited fighting system eh ? Would that be why I can't remember the 30 odd combo's and moves Buffy has, let alone the other characters ?

Of course Spike can die from a vampire bite, if he could keep on fighting regardless of injury he'd be indestructible.
Mon 27/10/03 at 07:30
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Edgy wrote:
> You're rating a game you've never played?

It wasn't a review, more a prediction.
The first one was over-rated, and from what I've read, this one is worse. In many ways, that's quite an achievement.
Sun 26/10/03 at 22:47
"It wasn't me!"
The Invisible Man wrote:
> I got my copy on staurday and am around half way through it - and it
> is nowhere near as good as the first game! the graphics are rubbish,
> the fighting system is limited, Willow can fight, Xander can
> fight,Willow's voiceover is terrible and Spike can die from a Vampire
> bite!!!!!!!!
> on the other hand maybe i am being harsh because i am stuck - I can't
> find Faith, (in The First's dimension)

BTW - that was me poncing for help......................
Sun 26/10/03 at 22:31
"It wasn't me!"
I got my copy on staurday and am around half way through it - and it is nowhere near as good as the first game! the graphics are rubbish, the fighting system is limited, Willow can fight, Xander can fight,Willow's voiceover is terrible and Spike can die from a Vampire bite!!!!!!!!
on the other hand maybe i am being harsh because i am stuck - I can't find Faith, (in tThe First's dimension)
Sun 26/10/03 at 19:15
Regular
Most of the reviews on here seem to be from people who've never actually had the product...
Sun 26/10/03 at 17:48
Regular
Black Glove wrote:
I give it 2/10.

You're rating a game you've never played?

No wonder the reviews are going downhill on here!
Sun 26/10/03 at 11:03
Regular
No actually.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.