GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buffy: Chaos Bleeds review..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds'.
Thu 04/09/03 at 00:07
Regular
IGN gave it 7.7 and a few others were around the top 6's to early 7's. Its going off my list as after reading what its like it sounds like an inferior version of the first Buffy game which costs about £15 new if you look around. The scores didn't put me off it was the content of the reviews and a few have stated the game engine is slower than the first Buffy and that the moves aren't as varied or technically accurate. Oh well wasn't one I wanted but I would have given it a further look if it had sounded a little better.

Your thoughts on this?
Thu 04/09/03 at 00:07
Regular
IGN gave it 7.7 and a few others were around the top 6's to early 7's. Its going off my list as after reading what its like it sounds like an inferior version of the first Buffy game which costs about £15 new if you look around. The scores didn't put me off it was the content of the reviews and a few have stated the game engine is slower than the first Buffy and that the moves aren't as varied or technically accurate. Oh well wasn't one I wanted but I would have given it a further look if it had sounded a little better.

Your thoughts on this?
Thu 04/09/03 at 22:37
"I love yo... lamp."
Never a Buffy fan (well of the show anyway) so I never planned on getting it. No big loss.
Thu 04/09/03 at 23:25
Regular
I enjoyed the first but wasn't too keen on the second until I saw an article in Xbox World last month. Since then though my opinion has dropped a little and the decentish score was what I kind of thought it would receive. A good game but hardly an essential.
Sat 06/09/03 at 00:12
Regular
Looked crap.
Fri 24/10/03 at 14:41
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Anyone got this yet ? Mine failed to turn up in the post this morning...but seeing as I only ordered at 4PM Thursday I may know the reason :P

I know reviews of it are iffy in some places, good in others, but I enjoyed the first game, and despite stopping watching the tv series around season 5 after it turned into Beverley Hills 90210 crossed with the occult, I still wanted to get this game.

I'll post my opinion of it when/if it turns up in the morning.
Sat 25/10/03 at 19:26
Regular
Tis great to have Sarah Michelle-Gellar doing the voice acting this time! It is slower, but when you consider it is multi-format, and so, had to be slowed down to be able to play on the Playstation 2, its no suprise.

Tis a shame they brought back the DEAD Sid the Dummy - the ventrilibloominwhassaname doll that had his soul free'd in one of the earlier series'. Why they had to bring him back is anyone's guess.
Sat 25/10/03 at 20:00
Regular
I think the plot of the game explains why/how Sid is back. I'm going to go start playing it in a few minutes so I'll post what I think later.
Sat 25/10/03 at 21:56
Regular
It is noticeably inferior (graphically and motion wise) to the original - damn it's multiformatedness, however it is still nicer graphically than it's counterparts.

Presentation is much improved from the first game, and the real actors voices make a big difference. The game camera is not a problem, unlike OSM's review stated, and the comabt system has had a few changes which make it more intuitive and easier - one press of the black button whips out a stake :) So far I'm surprised how much difference there is between the characters I've seen in the opening level - Buffy, is well Buffy. Xander isn't as strong (obviously) and goes down more easily, Spike's really powerful, Willow is useless in fights but even her low level magic works well - fireball move sets the vamps on fire in one shot.

All in all well worth the 29.99 I paid for it, won't get game of the year, but it's fun.
Sun 26/10/03 at 09:36
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Let me guess: you romp around as cute-assed Buffy kung-fuing and staking vamps whilst she makes nonchalant quips to over-dramatic music... and it all comes to a clenching climax with Buff kicking the dark master vamp's butt in a dark fiery cave... I give it 2/10.
Sun 26/10/03 at 11:03
Regular
No actually.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.