GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do we support rubbish teams?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/09/01 at 18:22
Regular
Some of you will know that i support a football team called Sheff Wed, today and today only i am allowing you to laugh at my team, we crashed 6-2 to Man City.

The worst thing about the match though was that we were 1 up at 3 mins. Only for us to lose the lead at 30 mins and the 2 mins later, because of some crap defending they score again. Come the second half and im thinking this will be fun, however we come out and score staight away!! for the next 15 mins we play brilliant with 3 scoring chances. Then again, thanks to our defence again, they counter and score, 3-2. We kick off, pass around a bit, loose possesion and they score,4-2. We kick off, have a scoring chance, miss, they counter and score, 5-2. With half the SWFC fans leaving, im thinking, hey, it cant get worse can it, CAUSE IT CAN, what do we do, give a penalty away which of course they score, 6-2.

I sit there on my own in a large space of blue seats and think why...why do we support teams like Sheff wed that never seem to get any luck? I paid £75 for my season ticket, after 3 home games all i have seen is 1 draw and 2 defeats.

So why do we support teams that seem destined to fight relegation every season, personally i support my team because i have a passion for them. It would certainly not stop supporting Sheff Wed and support Man U, and i would certainly not go and support Sheff U or Barnsley!
I have always supported Sheff Wed and i am unlikely to change.

Over the last few seasons i have seen the crowd numbers drop, when we were in the Premiership we got an average of 35,000. Now we are lucky to get 18,000. And this is i feel a large reason why we are where we are, currently we are 16 million in debt and small gate reciepts are not helping at all. For many todays game would have been there first for the season, and now they are not likely to come back, so even more of a less income.

Its sad that football has come down to money, i wish that i would have been able to watch football between 1980-89 where things really took off, and the game was more about how your local players played.

Basicly, all im asking is that lady luck would have a look down on Sheff Wed for once and let us ,the new generation of sheff wed fans have a little bit of the glory, before we end up like QPR, who were once a massive club who are now in Division 2. And it hurts me to say it, the way thing are going, we may join them.

If you have managed to read this rambling topic, thanks for reading. But what are your thoughts on why do we support our teams, i would like very much to here from fans of Div 1-2 teams, but everyone else is more than welcome.

Cheers

Damian - A true Sheff Wed fan.
Sat 22/09/01 at 18:22
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Some of you will know that i support a football team called Sheff Wed, today and today only i am allowing you to laugh at my team, we crashed 6-2 to Man City.

The worst thing about the match though was that we were 1 up at 3 mins. Only for us to lose the lead at 30 mins and the 2 mins later, because of some crap defending they score again. Come the second half and im thinking this will be fun, however we come out and score staight away!! for the next 15 mins we play brilliant with 3 scoring chances. Then again, thanks to our defence again, they counter and score, 3-2. We kick off, pass around a bit, loose possesion and they score,4-2. We kick off, have a scoring chance, miss, they counter and score, 5-2. With half the SWFC fans leaving, im thinking, hey, it cant get worse can it, CAUSE IT CAN, what do we do, give a penalty away which of course they score, 6-2.

I sit there on my own in a large space of blue seats and think why...why do we support teams like Sheff wed that never seem to get any luck? I paid £75 for my season ticket, after 3 home games all i have seen is 1 draw and 2 defeats.

So why do we support teams that seem destined to fight relegation every season, personally i support my team because i have a passion for them. It would certainly not stop supporting Sheff Wed and support Man U, and i would certainly not go and support Sheff U or Barnsley!
I have always supported Sheff Wed and i am unlikely to change.

Over the last few seasons i have seen the crowd numbers drop, when we were in the Premiership we got an average of 35,000. Now we are lucky to get 18,000. And this is i feel a large reason why we are where we are, currently we are 16 million in debt and small gate reciepts are not helping at all. For many todays game would have been there first for the season, and now they are not likely to come back, so even more of a less income.

Its sad that football has come down to money, i wish that i would have been able to watch football between 1980-89 where things really took off, and the game was more about how your local players played.

Basicly, all im asking is that lady luck would have a look down on Sheff Wed for once and let us ,the new generation of sheff wed fans have a little bit of the glory, before we end up like QPR, who were once a massive club who are now in Division 2. And it hurts me to say it, the way thing are going, we may join them.

If you have managed to read this rambling topic, thanks for reading. But what are your thoughts on why do we support our teams, i would like very much to here from fans of Div 1-2 teams, but everyone else is more than welcome.

Cheers

Damian - A true Sheff Wed fan.
Sat 22/09/01 at 18:28
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Why do we support crap teams???Dont know, you tell me?
Sat 22/09/01 at 18:29
I'm an Everton supporter and proud of it. Everton are a Premiership Club, but we have a problem with the relegation battle recently. We have been very lucky in avoiding it!

I'm an Everton supporter because I I was born in Liverpool, and both my parents are both Evertonians as well. I will support Everton through thick and thin, but I find that as long as Everton are a Premiership team, I shall be happy.

But I think that some of the big clubs such as Arsenal, Liverpool and Man U have so many chances, the teams in the other divisions do not get any chances compared to some of these big teams.
Sat 22/09/01 at 18:31
Triple_H wrote:
Why do we support crap teams??? Dont know, you tell me?

But you do as well don't you?? I do, but Spurs have about as many chances as Rushden and Diamonds!
Sat 22/09/01 at 18:32
Regular
Yeah, the big clubs have so much money now lesser clubs have no chance, if im honest, i cant see Sheff Wed back in the top flight for someime to come.
Sat 22/09/01 at 18:59
Regular
yeah man, that was some funny stuff with Man city.

Anyway, on a more important matter, it was funny seeing arsenal not being able to capitalise against a team with less players than them (again).

Oh, and not bad to see the Man Utd reserves Crush a quality premiership team 4-0.
Sat 22/09/01 at 19:03
There talks a man who does not take this topic seriously, and someone who thinks that the whole of the Premiership revolves on Manchester United Rotation system!

*Sorry if that seems offensive!*
Sat 22/09/01 at 19:06
Regular
well, when your team wins the league 7 times in the last 9 seasons I think the premiership should revolve around them.
Sat 22/09/01 at 19:07
Regular
Yeah. :)

Ha, you should have heard Peter Shreeves excuse to why we lost. We played 5 Under 21 players!!

Rubbish.
Sat 22/09/01 at 19:08
But you forget that there are 19 other teams in that league, it should not revolve around 1 team and how well they play. Man U would not have won the premiership 7 times if it wasn't for the other 19 teams!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.