GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help an idiot in need"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/09/01 at 00:10
Regular
Me being the stupid and rather drunk fool that I am, have decided to receive a virus over MSN *hits himself over the head with a cricket bat* you know the one, "do you want to see my pic" "okay" and they send you a frickin .exe file and stupid me dosen't pay any attention to that and receives it. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows a way of getting read of the little bugga without having to wipe my hard drive.

Cheers for ya help
Sat 22/09/01 at 10:16
Regular
Ah well I couldn't be bothered to POP it so I am just going to copy and paste it for you Tim. Hope this helps:

Ok boys and girls, heres a full ist of instructions of how to rid ure system of that virus if it is infected, dont worry its not harmful, its just designed to spread as fast as it can, it does nothing bad to ure system. These instructions are actually included within the virus which shows that it is not made to harm ure PC.

1) Click Start, select Run. The Run dialog box pops up.

2) Type: msconfig The System Configuration Utility pops up.

3) Click the Startup tab at the top. In the list, find MsgSprd, Messenger, or pic1324, uncheck, press Apply,then press Ok.

4) Restart your computer Or press Ctrl-Alt-Del (Task Manager), select Msg Sprd from the list, then press End Task.

You may freely delete the files or the 'C:Messenger1324' directory.

Also delete the .exe file that you accepted in messenger, this will be in the c:/My documents/Messenger revieved files/ folder.

Say thanks to vigilante9 if he ever comes back.

VKTR
Sat 22/09/01 at 10:08
Regular
Hmm Tiltmeistertim is in dire need of help. Even if this virus isn't exactly serious I will help you. I am about to go and search out a topic whihc had the instructions to getting rid of the named virus.

Be back in a sec.

VKTR
Sat 22/09/01 at 02:05
If you got antivirus software you should have an emergency disk available to boot up with. If not, you have no choice but to reboot from scratch.
Sat 22/09/01 at 00:44
Regular
"Wasting away"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Ive had a little bit too much too drink, I wouldn't usually be this stupid, I
> don't think I would anyway hmmmmmmm.

There is diffinently a moral to this and that is, "Drinking causes virus'".

That was me Boxer thank you everybody goodnight.
Sat 22/09/01 at 00:24
Regular
Ive had a little bit too much too drink, I wouldn't usually be this stupid, I don't think I would anyway hmmmmmmm.
Sat 22/09/01 at 00:20
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
My motto has, is and always will be: "Anyone who's stupid enough to open a virus like that deserves to get a virus"

Therefore, I have no sympathy for you.

Not that I'd help a Ninty, anyway! ;-)
Sat 22/09/01 at 00:17
Regular
How can you laugh at me in such a time of crisis grrrrrr

Then again if it was someone else wth the same problem the I would be laughing my head off ROFL
Sat 22/09/01 at 00:15
Regular
LOL :-)

sorry but its funny!
Sat 22/09/01 at 00:10
Regular
Me being the stupid and rather drunk fool that I am, have decided to receive a virus over MSN *hits himself over the head with a cricket bat* you know the one, "do you want to see my pic" "okay" and they send you a frickin .exe file and stupid me dosen't pay any attention to that and receives it. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows a way of getting read of the little bugga without having to wipe my hard drive.

Cheers for ya help

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.