GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who Will Be Next To Fall????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/09/01 at 13:26
Regular
This may be seen as a console wars topic but it isn't really.

With Sega out of buisness and Microsoft joining the 3 way console race it makes me wonder. Who will fall next.

Nintendo look the weakest so far but they are known and will have faithful people buying their consoles and that could save them.

Sony don't really look ready to fall yet. The PSX sold out the N64 by nearly 3 times as many copies and the PS2 is having a good time right now in the market.

Which leaves us with Microsoft and their X-Box. Remember what happened to the 3DO. the last american console. It plummeted and lots millions of $ for the US. Microsoft is an American console and it is up against the giants of the computer games world. Nintendo who have been in the battle for decades and Sony who will get lots of people supporting them because of the succsess of the PSX. So can it stay alive in the battle.

My thoughts are that even though the GC looks good and I may get one I think that it will be the worst selling but Nintendo will stay in it with their handheld greatness.

I predict that just like in the last wars, which the GBC won I think that the GBA will too.

That was awfully console warish wasn't ti? oops.
Fri 21/09/01 at 18:35
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
well it was a rANT

lol
Fri 21/09/01 at 18:28
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
PSX is the original Playstation. It wasn't that bad a topic, give him a chance. Ok so saying that Nintendo are most likely to fail doesn't really make sense but if some-one thinks that then they can say it.
Fri 21/09/01 at 18:21
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Prepare for a major rant!

AfroJoe wrote:
> This may be seen as a console wars topic but it isn't really.

With Sega out
> of buisness and Microsoft joining the 3 way console race it makes me wonder. Who
> will fall next.

Nintendo look the weakest so far but they are known and will
> have faithful people buying their consoles and that could save them.

Nintendo, weak? Well the GC sold 300,000 in 3 days and was obviously over shadowed by the events in america.

Sony
> don't really look ready to fall yet. The PSX sold out the N64 by nearly 3 times
> as many copies and the PS2 is having a good time right now in the
> market.

What is the PSX??

Which leaves us with Microsoft and their X-Box. Remember what
> happened to the 3DO. the last american console. It plummeted and lots millions
> of $ for the US.

millions is nothing. You realise that bill gates has spent about $200,000,000 on advertising for the Xbox. It hasn't even been launched yet.

Microsoft is an American console

An american console??? You mean company and that they are an american company.

and it is up against the
> giants of the computer games world. Nintendo who have been in the battle for
> decades and Sony who will get lots of people supporting them because of the
> succsess of the PSX. So can it stay alive in the battle.

Still what is the PSX??

My thoughts are that
> even though the GC looks good and I may get one I think that it will be the
> worst selling but Nintendo will stay in it with their handheld greatness. The GC is going to sell well and sell better as more games come out. It will beat the Xbox because the Xbox is huge and ugly and hasn't exactly shown great power.

I
> predict that just like in the last wars, which the GBC won I think that the GBA
> will too. The GBA is not even in a war. The Gameboys have, over the years never ever been oposed as best handheld.

There are really 2 wars but nintendo have already won one of them. The Handheld one. Now they will win the console one. ok!

It was awfully crap as well.

*rant finished*
Fri 21/09/01 at 15:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
the pictures of a younger link don't really impress me but i don't like zelda anyway so i don't care much.
Fri 21/09/01 at 13:58
AfroJoe wrote:
> well if thats what you think then fine but (completely changing the subject)
> that zelda game does look crud though dunnit?

You are only looking at the pictures you have seen, use your imagination, every Zelda so far has had a kind of 2nd dimension or 2nd world.... who is to say that this NIntendo game wont actually cross between worlds of the 3D and 2D.

:D
Fri 21/09/01 at 13:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
well if thats what you think then fine but (completely changing the subject) that zelda game does look crud though dunnit?
Fri 21/09/01 at 13:39
AfroJoe wrote:
> well i suppose you are right but i don't think the GC will sell as well as the
> other consoles its competing against but the GBA will do well in my opinion.

When a mario game is release for the GC, it will be like a re-release and then I believe we will see the GC fly.
Fri 21/09/01 at 13:38
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
well i suppose you are right but i don't think the GC will sell as well as the other consoles its competing against but the GBA will do well in my opinion.
Fri 21/09/01 at 13:36
To say that Nintendo are the weakest is wrong and completely untrue.

Their profits are very good compared to rival companies, what we as the gamers see is completely different to what is happening within the company etc....

Microsoft are going to lose money per every machine sold, and with that information alone I would say that Microsoft aren't looking so good.

Sony are comfortable, and for this credit is due.
Fri 21/09/01 at 13:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
This may be seen as a console wars topic but it isn't really.

With Sega out of buisness and Microsoft joining the 3 way console race it makes me wonder. Who will fall next.

Nintendo look the weakest so far but they are known and will have faithful people buying their consoles and that could save them.

Sony don't really look ready to fall yet. The PSX sold out the N64 by nearly 3 times as many copies and the PS2 is having a good time right now in the market.

Which leaves us with Microsoft and their X-Box. Remember what happened to the 3DO. the last american console. It plummeted and lots millions of $ for the US. Microsoft is an American console and it is up against the giants of the computer games world. Nintendo who have been in the battle for decades and Sony who will get lots of people supporting them because of the succsess of the PSX. So can it stay alive in the battle.

My thoughts are that even though the GC looks good and I may get one I think that it will be the worst selling but Nintendo will stay in it with their handheld greatness.

I predict that just like in the last wars, which the GBC won I think that the GBA will too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.