GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Win2k!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/09/01 at 10:33
Regular
this programmes great! I havn't got it at home yet but i'm using it at college with broadband! it's really good, just thought i'd share that with you.
Fri 21/09/01 at 19:44
"period drama"
if i put anymore software on the i-mac it will explode.

u can't even print without

'there is not enough memory to compleate this procedure, close any windows or excess aplications to free up space'

sheeh!
Fri 21/09/01 at 19:24
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I think the majority of PCs were running Win9x, mostly WinME, although plenty had Win2k up too...probably because of the price difference. A few people were running Linux, but windows is definately the obvious choice for gamers.
Fri 21/09/01 at 19:13
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Reaper[oV] wrote:
you're stuck with the choice of Windows or a linux/unix
> varient..

Yeah, you keep telling me about Linux when ever I ask you this question, but I want to stick with Windows until I know what i'm doing, what did people use at i8?
Fri 21/09/01 at 19:03
Regular
"You've upset me"
The Anti-Sniper wrote:
> So what is it?

Only joking.

:D

:-D
Fri 21/09/01 at 19:01
So what is it?

Only joking.

:D
Fri 21/09/01 at 18:58
Regular
"You've upset me"
What is it?

I think it's a white hole...

A white hole?

Yes, every action in the universe has an equal and opposite REaction. A black hole sucks time out of the universe. A white hole returns it?

So that things spewing time... back into the universe?

Precisely, that's why we're experiencing the curious time phenoman on board.

So What is it?

I think it's a white hole...

A white hole?

Yes, every action in the universe has an equal and opposite REaction. A black hole sucks time out of the universe. A white hole returns it?

So that things spewing time... back into the universe?

Precisely, that's why we're experiencing the curious time phenoman on board.

What time phenomanan?

Like just then when tim repeated itself...
Fri 21/09/01 at 18:49
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
"windows programs"? Alternative operating systems? Well, unless you care to go buy a Mac and use MacOS (which is admittedly nice, although not great), you're stuck with the choice of Windows or a linux/unix varient..

Depends how confident you are with computers really, if you have a lot of spare time, a fair degree of knowledge, and aren't too worried about games, then I suggest you give linux a try...but always use Lilo to give you the option of booting in to windows.

Quick piece of advice...if you decide to dual-boot win2k and linux, install linux first, as it has an annoying habit of erasing the Win2k MBR, so you will be stuck using Linux.

Alternatively, you could go back and use DOS..
Fri 21/09/01 at 18:36
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
ok then, I think my first Win2k experience was made better due to the Broadband that was also on the PC, lovely.
Does anyone know any better 'Windows' programmes? i'd like something a little cheaper, but win2k looks very pleasing.
Fri 21/09/01 at 16:58
"High polygon count"
er-no wrote:
> Its crap.

I saw Windows XP running yesterday for the first time. It looks very 'soft' and friendly... almost like a Nintendo OS. :-)
Fri 21/09/01 at 16:47
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Wondered how long before the usual "Macs are superior in every way, so Hah".

Best ignore er-no when discussing operating systems, he's about as open minded as Bill Gates is poor.

If Jess reads this, yes, I stole that from Ruari..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.