GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Counter-strike 1.6"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter Strike'.
Mon 15/09/03 at 21:08
Regular
Well the new version of counter-strike - 1.6 is finnaly finished. I haven't downloaded it yet, should do tommorow, thoughts on it later on.
Wed 17/09/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Too many CS monkeys!

Play Tactical Ops, a damn fine game, and exponentially better than CS
Wed 17/09/03 at 16:35
Regular
Cos nobody seen the light that is of Tactical Ops!
Wed 17/09/03 at 16:31
Regular
Lol! That's the thing though, if you go ff by yourself in counter-strike you will die.
Wed 17/09/03 at 15:45
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I never said I thought Counterstrike was crap, but if you've been playing it since version 7.0, you'd find it boring too by now. If they removed the player scores it could become quite good as it would stop all the Rambo's from deathmatching, and encourage some teamplay.
And yes Titanic was boring.
Anyone who disagrees deserves to be shot, I'm afraid to say.*

*May not be true.
Wed 17/09/03 at 14:46
Regular
Well your one of the many few who think counter-strike is crap. Otherwise it wouldn't be so popular, Titanic wasn't that bad! The fact that everyone started crying near the end, now that was bad!
Wed 17/09/03 at 14:44
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I have no idea to be honest. Why was Titanic so succesful? It was a pretty boring film..
Wed 17/09/03 at 14:01
Regular
Nah, it's worked. 1.6 is pretty good from the first couple of maps I played. Doubt there are better games around, why else would counter-strike be the number one online game?
Wed 17/09/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Don't worry, there's loads of better games around.
Wed 17/09/03 at 11:22
Regular
Well, I've got the full version of Steam and it's also giving me problems. It keeps saying that the program is down or I'm not connected to the internet when I really am. Pfft, oh well. I've heard people say CS 1.6 is the end of Counter-strike, brings a tear to my eye, tbh.
Tue 16/09/03 at 14:21
Regular
"A man with a stick"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I think it's available for steam...

It is, but allot of people, and I mean allot (me included) have had problems with the full version of Steam. So far I've managed to get it installed, but when it comes to installing or running the games on it, the damn thing crashes or locks up. I never had that problem with the beta, so why it's like this for the full version I don't know.

And CS1.6 is available separate from steam, so you should find it easy enough. I'd download it myself, except I dislike CS and I eventually want to get a working copy of Steam for the improved Team Fortress game, and if I manage to get Steam running CS 1.6 will be on it anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.