GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Been missing Rare ? if so this Perfect Dark Zero news will cheer you up"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark'.
Wed 17/09/03 at 17:12
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
News: Perfect Dark Zero Far Far Away

One of the biggest reasons why Rareware fans brought Xboxs has gone down the drain.
When it was first announced that Rareware had been sold to Microsoft fans were shocked in large. Many hardcore Rareware fans brought an Xbox to get all of Rareware's new games.

One game that really had people excited was the then unseen Perfect Dark Zero. Fans even went to such lengths as to buy an Xbox for the game.

A video featuring Joanna Dark in a more anime look was shown last year and fans have been eagerly waiting for news since, and today they have had some bad news.

It seems one of the most anticipated games for the Xbox wont in fact come out on the Xbox. It has a release year of 2006, and will appear on Microsoft's next console.
Thu 18/09/03 at 07:04
Regular
"8==="
Rare is an investment. When their games FINALLY are released they are usually of a high, Nintendo-like, quality.

Microsoft have bought a company which prides itself on it's quality titles.
Wed 17/09/03 at 23:51
Regular
"Conker the King"
I think its great news.

I do believe that Nintendo really did get so fed up with the delays and extreme times between releases from Rare, thats why they decided to get shot of them!

Rare's N64 swansong (Conkers Bad Fur Day) was their last GREAT game and that was released in April 2001. Thats over 2 years ago! If Acclaim or EA carried on like that they'd be broke within that time!

Saying that I did like Starfox. It wasn't a GREAT game but it was good.
Wed 17/09/03 at 21:23
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> Ah come on, Dringo, we're wanting to talk about games in which Rare
> have actually made an effort.

Good point actually. They haven't really shown anything for their efforts of the last couple of years.

Still, if PD0 and stuff are the nuts, no doubt all will be forgiven.

And if they are the nuts, I'll happily see them on the next MS console. I'll probably jump like a rat from the (sinking?) ninty ship. And I'd only get a PS3 if the 2 breaks just before its release (more likely than you'd think?).
Wed 17/09/03 at 20:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Dringo wrote:
> Starfox Adventures... the other... Donkey Kong Country on the GBA...#

---

Ah come on, Dringo, we're wanting to talk about games in which Rare have actually made an effort.

;-)
Wed 17/09/03 at 19:48
Regular
PC in style? You could say that about every FPS game.

I personally think Microsoft bought Rare just to stop them from supporting the Cube. They have the money to do it and I wouldn't put it past them. Any games they release in the mean time is just a bonus.
Wed 17/09/03 at 19:46
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Halo 2, Swat, Counter Strike XB and Operation Flashpoint XB will
> either not appear on the PC...

Doesn't stop them being PC in style... which is what I meant.
Wed 17/09/03 at 19:45
Regular
The point of the matter was that Microsoft have litterally taken Rare of Nintendo's hands for the year as Nintendo get all the games...

It was something i found funny... If you're not interest then fine... stop moaning.
Wed 17/09/03 at 19:43
Regular
*Not appear on PC*
Wed 17/09/03 at 19:43
Regular
Halo 2, Swat, Counter Strike XB and Operation Flashpoint XB will either not appear on the Xbox or be completely modified games for the Xbox. People seem to get really excited about sales figures, I couldn't give a toss.
Wed 17/09/03 at 19:42
Regular
No... that will do nothing... gamers who plan or already own an x-box will buy it for those PC games... a 2 year old game packaged with a 1 year old game that has been around on another console for ages will not attract Nintendo gamers...

PD0 would do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.