GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamespy's 25 most over rated games of all time..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/09/03 at 19:54
Regular
http://www.gamespy.com/articles /september03/25overrated/

Officially they are idiots!

Agreed some of them on there are over rated however I can't seriously believe some of their choices.

Your thoughts?
Tue 11/11/03 at 10:57
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Mon 03/11/03 at 18:02
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I remember my brother saying a magazine gave Enter the Matrix 10/10 and saying it was the best game since Goldeneye...

But then again I think that was from FHM... who know sod all about games...
Mon 03/11/03 at 17:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Exactly, Enter The Matrix got bad scores, just like it deserved.
Sun 02/11/03 at 12:18
Regular
Daikatana could not possibly be over-rated because it was universally panned by evrey games reviewer ever, in both previews, reviews, walkthroughs, interviews, everything.

Its like saying that Goldeneye or Halo is underrated.
Sat 01/11/03 at 16:15
Regular
"My head hurts"
I loved enter the matrix it was pure fun.
Sat 01/11/03 at 02:57
Regular
There's a difference between great and over-rated.

For example, Super Mario Sunshine.
Great game, but not half as exciting as previous Mario games, but reviewers caught up in the hype wouldn't admit that, and they therefore over-rated it.

Do you see?
Thu 30/10/03 at 21:49
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
25. Neverwinter Nights - I thought it was quite good actually.
24. Super Mario Sunshine - Are they nuts! What a great game!
23. Battle Arena Toshinden - No Idea
22. Starfleet Command Series - No Idea
21. Morrowind - This was good.
20. Impossible Creatures - No Idea
19. Battlecruiser 3000AD - No Idea
18. American McGee's Alice - No Idea, sounds dumb though.
17. The Getaway - Should be number 1. Load of rubbish.
16. Mortal Kombat - You can't overrate one of the best beat-em-ups ever.
15. Dungeon Siege - No Idea
14. Dead Or Alive 3 - Yer alright, this is overrated.
13. Battletoads - No Idea, but everyone else seems to think it is good.
12. Unreal 2 - I like the Unreal games, never played this one though.
11. Pools Of Radiance:Ruins Of Myth Drannor - Can't be overrated if I haven't heard of it.
10. Halo - I don't think so. It is a fantastic game, but m aybe a little overrated.
9. Donkey Kong Country - No! I disagree! Great game!
8. Lara Croft Tomb Raider:The Angel Of Darkness - Definitely, coz she won't go away.
7. Final Fantasy 7 - The best of a fantastic series. No way should that be there.
6. Blinx The Time Sweeper - No Idea
5. Quake 2 - Yeah, it is boring.
4. Daikatama - Didn't know anyone thought it was good anyway.
3. Enter The Matrix - I wish they would stop ruining films by bringing a naff game out.
2. Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons Of Liberty - I've only played the first one and I thought it was good.
1. Black and White - I bought this and I am glad I did. This shouldn't be anywhere near this list.

They really are talking BS aint they??
Sat 25/10/03 at 13:22
Regular
Pretty much spot on, a couple i disagree with but not by much, Oh and surprise surprise its dominated by PS/PS2 games with a large smattering of PC. The PC games are fair enough and as long as there are PC's there are going to be severely weird games.

But if you look at the list there are a lot of main flag ship sony games their but very few nintendo games, and even then they are not the main ones (possible exception of DK). Personally i am shocked not to see Gran Turismo in there, as well as Tekken but i imagine this was a bit of diplomacy on gamespys part.
Mon 20/10/03 at 19:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
25. Neverwinter Nights - Dunno.
24. Super Mario Sunshine - They'd obviously been smoking something serious when compiling the beginning of this list.
23. Battle Arena Toshinden - Dunno.
22. Starfleet Command Series - Dunno.
21. Morrowind - From what I've heard, it's the marmite of gaming. You either love it or you hate it. Me, I've never played, so I'll have to give it a 'Dunno'.
20. Impossible Creatures - Dunno.
19. Battlecruiser 3000AD - Dunno.
18. American McGee's Alice - Dunno.
17. The Getaway - Contender for "Most Over-rated Game Ever". It should be higher on the list than it is.
16. Mortal Kombat - Not a big fan of beat-'em-ups, but I wouldn't call it over-rated.
15. Dungeon Siege - Dunno.
14. Dead or Alive 3 - Fair enough.
13. Battletoads - Meh, how can this be called over-rated?
12. Unreal II: The Awakening - I like Unreal games usually, but this was a little over-rated, yes.
11. Pools of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor - Dunno.
10. Halo - Spot on. It's a great game, but not an incredible one, as it's made out to be.
9. Donkey Kong Country - They've gone back into complete and utter smackhead mode for number 9...
8. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness - Yup. This game is as over-rated as Lara's boobs are over-sized.
7. Final Fantasy VII - Not a big fan of FF games, but out of the ones I've played, I liked this the best. So, nah.
6. Blinx: The Time Sweeper - Never played, but from what I've heard, it's a little over-rated, yes.
5. Quake II - I can't remember if this is the Quake game I really enjoyed. There was one of them that I did. If this was it, then they're talking crap. If this wasn't it, then I can't comment.
4. Daikatana - Wasn't really highly rated in the first place, was it?
3. Enter The Matrix - Yup. Nearly as over-rated as you can get. Only surpassed by The Getaway's over-ratedness.
2. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - True. I didn't like this game at all. Ah well, at least it was a GAD...
1. Black & White - Dunno. Sounded fun, but maybe it is over-rated.
Mon 13/10/03 at 14:48
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
These people clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

Batletoads was AWESOME.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.