GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Simpsons Hit and Run topic"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Simpsons: Hit & Run'.
Tue 23/09/03 at 16:52
Regular
I know Damarus started a topic about the game, but mine's better and so are my opinions :D

I also got the game today and have been playing it most of the afternoon. It well and truely rocks my banana. Simpsons fans rejoice, finally there is a game worthy of the license.

If you've played GTA you pretty much should know what goes on in Hit and Run. Free roaming Springfield, jack cars, go anywhere you want etc etc

If you're a Simpsons geek (like myself) you're gonna be bowled over by the amount of in jokes and references to episodes. The attention to detail is very sweet. I've spent the majority of my play time so far just checking out the sites, chatting to characters and laughing at the dialogue. If you have any worries about how the humour of the show will translate to a game, don't worry, it's as funny as the show has ever been. Funny moment was when I hit ran over a pedestrian and he said "This is a sad day for generic characters everywhere". Tis literally busting to the seams with funny dialogue.

So far I've only done a couple of missions because I've been too busy exploring. The one's I have done though have been racing Principal Skinner too School to get Lisa her Science project, driving to the Kwiki Mart to pick up some ice-cream and mini pies, and also getting back Flanders belongings that Homer has 'borrowed'.

Once excellent thing I've found is you can stand on moving cars and surf on the roof Teenwolf style. I went round the whole of the first level on top of a school bus just checking out all the areas.

In the words of Homer

"I am so smart, I am so smart, S-M-R-T...I mean S-M-A-R-T"

Genius.
Tue 23/09/03 at 19:22
Regular
I've just completed the story missions on the 2nd level. I'm goin to go back on the first level later to do the racing missions and stuff.
Tue 23/09/03 at 17:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Play, not buy is the case.
Tue 23/09/03 at 17:31
Regular
"Whatever!"
Sounds excellent, cant wait to play it!
Tue 23/09/03 at 16:58
Regular
That's just one of the many things they say, there's tons of other things such as

"Think of the children"
"I really needed that Kidney"
"I'm moving to Shelbyville"

etc etc

There's just so much dialogue.
Tue 23/09/03 at 16:54
Regular
"Teal'c"
I'm pretty sure pedestrians saying "This is a sad day for generic characters everywhere" could get immensely tiresome after a while.

But still, sounds okayish.
Tue 23/09/03 at 16:52
Regular
I know Damarus started a topic about the game, but mine's better and so are my opinions :D

I also got the game today and have been playing it most of the afternoon. It well and truely rocks my banana. Simpsons fans rejoice, finally there is a game worthy of the license.

If you've played GTA you pretty much should know what goes on in Hit and Run. Free roaming Springfield, jack cars, go anywhere you want etc etc

If you're a Simpsons geek (like myself) you're gonna be bowled over by the amount of in jokes and references to episodes. The attention to detail is very sweet. I've spent the majority of my play time so far just checking out the sites, chatting to characters and laughing at the dialogue. If you have any worries about how the humour of the show will translate to a game, don't worry, it's as funny as the show has ever been. Funny moment was when I hit ran over a pedestrian and he said "This is a sad day for generic characters everywhere". Tis literally busting to the seams with funny dialogue.

So far I've only done a couple of missions because I've been too busy exploring. The one's I have done though have been racing Principal Skinner too School to get Lisa her Science project, driving to the Kwiki Mart to pick up some ice-cream and mini pies, and also getting back Flanders belongings that Homer has 'borrowed'.

Once excellent thing I've found is you can stand on moving cars and surf on the roof Teenwolf style. I went round the whole of the first level on top of a school bus just checking out all the areas.

In the words of Homer

"I am so smart, I am so smart, S-M-R-T...I mean S-M-A-R-T"

Genius.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.