GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-Life to has been..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Wed 24/09/03 at 16:32
Regular
delayed. Yep, that's right, Half-Life 2 has been delayed, it will no longer come out on the 30th of September, I got this from clanbase:

"The previously announced September 30th release date for Half-Life 2 is being pushed back. We are currently targeting a holiday release, but do not have a specific "in-store" date to share at this time. We will release that information as soon as we have confirmed a new date."

Too bad :( I was expecting it to be honest, alot of games are delayed these days. I say it will come around Christmas time since that is a busy holiday time.
Mon 29/09/03 at 11:16
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Was all that stuff about the three different purchasing options true? Something like a one player basic version for retail, same again plus multi-player options for retail and then a monthly subscription option with official add-ons through Steam.
Sat 27/09/03 at 18:21
Regular
Bah, ya lucky!
Sat 27/09/03 at 15:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Some sources seem to be suggesting that it *hasn't* been delayed. Either way we'll find out soon enough, I got my nice new 9600 pro this morning so I'll be putting that through it's paces in the meantime.
Sat 27/09/03 at 11:22
Regular
T'was expected that it would be delayed.

*shakes fist at people with nVidea cards*

*runs*
Sat 27/09/03 at 10:32
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Yep, and that was worth the wait, I'm confident this will be too.

Well, what a surprise this delay wasn't. When it hadn't gone gold 10 days or so before release I began to get suspicious, and saw the hl2.net forum topic about the delay on that very morning. It's disappointing, sure, but if this is the way it's going to happen then fair enough, I'd rather wait and get another top game that can stand up to years and years of playing. Hopefully this time's being used for some last minute tweaking and effects, and not "Aaagh the Source engine needs ot be completely recompiled".

I can't help but blame nVidia for this. Bah.
Sat 27/09/03 at 10:14
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I think it got massively delayed from it's original date, because they decided they could release a sub standard game, or keep pressing on with it to make a great game.
Sat 27/09/03 at 10:11
Regular
It come out a few years late?
Sat 27/09/03 at 10:10
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
A few years late wasn't it?
Sat 27/09/03 at 10:07
Regular
Nope, I wasn't "into" PC Gaming when Half-Life was released.
Sat 27/09/03 at 10:03
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I've heard 27th. But I didn't preorder it, so I won't have the agoinising waiting and dreading. Mugs!

And I don't suppose you remember the original was released late?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.