GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmm... makes Freeola's Hottest Sites top 40!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/04/10 at 17:39
"Are you sure?"
I made it! :¬)

I've just noticed that my Hmmm... site has sneaked into Freeola's
Top 40! - in at number 35, for the first time ever...

My page views have been climbing steadily for my Freeola play site. 98,000 page views last month, averaging over 3000 per day :¬) I'm pretty happy with that as the site is pretty small, only 30ish pages.

I won't be at all surprised if I drop off the 'Hottest Sites' page as I know there are plenty of busy sites out there in Freeola land, but it's nice to have made it!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 01/05/10 at 22:37
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Yeah the auto screenshot system has moved server and so is being recoded. Seems to get ahead of itself! I'll look at it on tuesday.
Wed 19/05/10 at 16:52
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
> Yeah the auto screenshot system has moved server and so is being
> recoded. Seems to get ahead of itself! I'll look at it on
> tuesday.

Hi Freeola :¬)

I see you have recently 'tweeted' this has been resolved - but it still doesn't look fixed to me...?

EDIT: Arh - I see, your twitter reply was about the VIP hosting query not the 'thumbnails' one by the same user.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] @twitter
Wed 19/05/10 at 16:57
Regular
"How Ironic"
In at number 35... "And the band was.. Showaddywaddy"
Wed 19/05/10 at 17:20
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I was about to say Hmmm.... :D But seems you noticed.

We try to keep responses on Twitter up to date, but Twitter seems to make things hard as you can only see 5 or 6 "latest" responses.
Wed 19/05/10 at 17:35
"Are you sure?"
:¬)

Did I miss your reply to this tweet on the 17th regarding the 'Top 40'? (the reason I *bumped* this thread)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] @twitter
Wed 19/05/10 at 17:44
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I saw it, but couldn't really understand what the user was referring to. "Being random" doesn't really help.

The images seem ok to me at the moment. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I can see some site thumbnails are a bit outdated actually. I'll look into it as soon as I can.
Wed 19/05/10 at 17:48
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> Am I missing something?

Yep! :¬P

The thumbnail images don't always match the corresponding website link/info! If you read back a few posts in this thread all is explained...

[s]Hmmm...[/s] @twitter
Wed 19/05/10 at 19:47
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Yeah no one has a decent screenshot system. There are several solutions out there. At the moment we use khtmld, but this requires KDE to be installed on the server and it pretty resource heavy and buggy.
I'm looking to see if I can run a Webkit install from command line via Qt (there are python scripts out there that do this) as this should use a lot less resources and not get behind itself. All takes time though!
Wed 19/05/10 at 20:09
Regular
"How Ironic"
I really want to know how you guys know all this stuff? I mean have you known it since you were my age, or do I still have the potential to be a techy? :P
Thu 20/05/10 at 11:53
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
> I really want to know how you guys know all this stuff? I mean
> have you known it since you were my age, or do I still have the
> potential to be a techy? :P

There's still time.......

I'm not very techy (especially not compared to eccles!), but I can get by (a bit) - I started by using the tutorials on the W3schools.com which set me on the right path.

You can start with HTML, then CSS, the Javascript and jquery and php and ..................

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.