GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game prices, is it worth it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/09/03 at 21:59
Regular
So, Ps2 games what's the average price 30-50 pounds normally but what are you getting thats better than the 20-30 pounds that you'd pay for the same game on PC i'm baffled i mean games on PS2 are averaging at around 10 pounds more on PS2 than on PC. e.g take my local gamestation, The new Tomb Raider, 20 pounds brand new on PC yet 26.99 second hand on Playstation 2. I mean I'm a fan of Playstation and some of the games are amazing but now i've started saving mone by buying PC games that are just as good as Playstation Games. Also Playstation has hardley got any War games like Warrior Kings Battles which i happen to like.
Lets see who wants to point out advantages of buying Ps2 games.......
Thu 02/10/03 at 23:28
Regular
Just a quick response to the original message:

I've seen games released at £19.99, one, if I remember correctly, was released at £14.99

The most I've seen a game released for is £49.99 which was Socom and the microphone. (excludes the rarely available Steel Batallion on Xbox)

PC games are nearly always released at £34.99, except for Enter the Matrix which I believe retailed at £39.99.

So, considering most console games have an RRP of £39.99, you're only saving £5 per game IF that game is ever released on PC.

Most PC games are pap though. I mean, I don't think me local retailers have ever sold a copy of Horse Racing Manager.
Fri 03/10/03 at 00:11
Regular
Just after I posted that message I wandered along to a rival game sales site of here and bought a barrel load of games :D

Pre-ordered Pro-Evo 3 and Mario Kart, bought KOTOR, Devil May Cry 2, Onimusha 2 and Jak and Daxter, for £120, well, I did say I would spend £120 on 6 games, so I did :D
Fri 03/10/03 at 01:10
"I love yo... lamp."
Conkers Bad Fur Day released at £59.99.

I saw an import game today for £75. Doesn't count, but I thought I would mention it anyway.
Fri 03/10/03 at 14:48
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Edgy wrote:
> PC games are nearly always released at £34.99, except for Enter
> the Matrix which I believe retailed at £39.99.

Yikes, where do you shop for games? Higest price I've seen a newly released PC game is £29.99, and I've even bought new releases for as little as £22.99 or even £17.99.
Fri 03/10/03 at 14:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Edgy wrote:
> Most PC games are pap though. I mean, I don't think me local
> retailers have ever sold a copy of Horse Racing Manager.

Barbie Horse Adventure for the PS2 is currently in stock on this very site.

I have two consoles and a PC, and am currently devoting all my free time on PC gaming. The reason being is these next few months is seeing the release of a plethora of great games for the PC, all of which appeal to me a great deal more than what can currently be found on consoles.
Fri 03/10/03 at 15:37
Regular
"Complete Banker"
cipro wrote:
> I have two consoles and a PC, and am currently devoting all my free
> time on PC gaming. The reason being is these next few months is
> seeing the release of a plethora of great games for the PC, all of
> which appeal to me a great deal more than what can currently be found
> on consoles.

While there are some quality games due out on the PC, I probably won't buy them for the simple fact that I do not have the time to devote necessary to get the most of these games.

I focus on PS2 games, most of which can be played for an hour at a time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.