GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm sick of "Console Sides""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/09/01 at 17:57
Regular
I'm writing this topic because i'm sick of people going on like "I hate Ninty" and " I hate Sony".

Acting like 2 year olds whats the point in taking sides because for example I f your Ninty and so are all your friends then Sony bring out a Playstation 3(or something like that) and it's the best console you've ever seen and then you buy it. Your friends being Ninty will call you a "traitor" and everything else they can think of. Is this really worth a friendship?

On SR things just keep going back and forth "I hate Ninty", "I hate Sony", "I hate Ninty ect.

This has been going on for ages and it's started to really get to me. One of you may like a PS2 more than a Gamecube, thats fine but do you have to hate Ninty? Theres no point in hating a company just because you prefere another company.

Even in magazines do this, but thats just so they get sales, do we have to do that? It's like being a human advertiser.

Whats your thoughts on this?

Thanks for reading Rickoss
Mon 17/09/01 at 19:35
Fundamental. I meant fundamental.
Mon 17/09/01 at 19:34
To tell you the truth, I'm sick of learning findamental quantities in Physics.
Mon 17/09/01 at 19:21
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Well done Edgy on your award

lol :)
Mon 17/09/01 at 08:42
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
is that all youcare about? your posts are nothing compared to my word count, and when i get home tonight, not only will I post the 7 reviews i've been keeping locked away in the film forums! he he, but I will reply to every single post and re-gain my title!
Mon 17/09/01 at 07:36
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Im over taking you Foggie!
Sun 16/09/01 at 22:59
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
LOL, nice one
Sun 16/09/01 at 22:50
Regular
"not dead"
But if your console didn't have sides, nothing would be holding the top up, and it would fall on all the technical bunf inside, and probably damage it.

Meka Dragon: Reading the posts all the way through. Honest.
Sun 16/09/01 at 22:47
Regular
I found myself thinking recently, i don't conider myself as particularly drawn into consloe loyalties.

But the plan for a long time has been to get a Gamecube. I thought about waiting for a dvd one, then changed my mind and got a seperate dvd player. Then i started thinking about PS2. The thought of buying one had never come into my mind. I thought about why.

Was it merely that i trusted nintendo to make the gamecube best? After n64 my confidence in their capability to create something successful with serious 3rd party support was inevitably shaken, and the wait is likely to leave me for a total of around 12 months (spring '01 to spring '02) buying one console game - new tetris, because it was cheap and catchy.
So why not PS2? It'd have solved the dvd and games problem, and though expensive, i could have streched to it. I considered how i looked at sony as a console brand, just loads of cheap run of the mill games.

Then i thought about it a little more, there were lots of bland, shallow titles, but also pleanty of great games, and those just from the ones i played on my friend's machine.

It hit me. Though i didn't see it coming, or realise i was there, the marketing suits had me predjudiced against the competition to the point where i'd disregard them without a second thought.

Ah well, now i have a dvd player i'll go on waiting for gc. of course, it means the ninty marketing-machine has won one more sale, but is sony realy any better?
Sun 16/09/01 at 22:26
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
it's best not to ask, just 'nod, smile and walk away'
Sun 16/09/01 at 21:50
Regular
Timmy language?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.