GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm sick of "Console Sides""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/09/01 at 17:57
Regular
I'm writing this topic because i'm sick of people going on like "I hate Ninty" and " I hate Sony".

Acting like 2 year olds whats the point in taking sides because for example I f your Ninty and so are all your friends then Sony bring out a Playstation 3(or something like that) and it's the best console you've ever seen and then you buy it. Your friends being Ninty will call you a "traitor" and everything else they can think of. Is this really worth a friendship?

On SR things just keep going back and forth "I hate Ninty", "I hate Sony", "I hate Ninty ect.

This has been going on for ages and it's started to really get to me. One of you may like a PS2 more than a Gamecube, thats fine but do you have to hate Ninty? Theres no point in hating a company just because you prefere another company.

Even in magazines do this, but thats just so they get sales, do we have to do that? It's like being a human advertiser.

Whats your thoughts on this?

Thanks for reading Rickoss
Sun 16/09/01 at 17:57
Regular
I'm writing this topic because i'm sick of people going on like "I hate Ninty" and " I hate Sony".

Acting like 2 year olds whats the point in taking sides because for example I f your Ninty and so are all your friends then Sony bring out a Playstation 3(or something like that) and it's the best console you've ever seen and then you buy it. Your friends being Ninty will call you a "traitor" and everything else they can think of. Is this really worth a friendship?

On SR things just keep going back and forth "I hate Ninty", "I hate Sony", "I hate Ninty ect.

This has been going on for ages and it's started to really get to me. One of you may like a PS2 more than a Gamecube, thats fine but do you have to hate Ninty? Theres no point in hating a company just because you prefere another company.

Even in magazines do this, but thats just so they get sales, do we have to do that? It's like being a human advertiser.

Whats your thoughts on this?

Thanks for reading Rickoss
Sun 16/09/01 at 18:00
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I agree with this, I admit I prefer Nintendo but that dosent mean theres anything wrong with the other consoles because every console has it's advantages and it really depends on what games you prefer because thats what makes the console.

This whole 'console wars' thing is ok if people dicuss it properly and rationaly but that dosent seem to be the case does it and theres too many topics on it now anyways.

Shame really.
Sun 16/09/01 at 18:02
Regular
I am right.

You are wrong, but you are not bad for this. You are forgiven.

But you think I am wrong, and you are right. This is unforgivable.

I must educate you until you are also right.

Your stubbornness to think to the way of my liking irritates me.

You only like the things you do because you've never played any of my things.

You do not deserve my respect.
Sun 16/09/01 at 18:03
If I buy a gaming magazine, I buy a neutral magazine, I want to get all 3 of the next genaration consoles as they all appeal to me, I want it all and I want it now! I don't think any less of people who post 'Nintendo's consoles are better than Sony's consoles', I just laugh at there lack of there logical thinking in weighing out all of the posibilities of what each of the consoles have to offer
Sun 16/09/01 at 18:11
Regular
Yeah Seifer, people say things like "PS2 is MUCH better than Gamecube" and have they got a Gamecube??? I think not!!

*Rickoss starts to think long and hard for no apparent reason*
Sun 16/09/01 at 18:14
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
All the consoles are good in different ways.
Sun 16/09/01 at 18:18
Regular
Rickoss wrote:

>I'm sick of "Console Sides"

Well just look at the front and back then :)
Sun 16/09/01 at 18:19
Rickoss wrote:
Yeah Seifer, people say things like "PS2 is MUCH better than Gamecube" and have they got a Gamecube??? I think not!!

*Rickoss starts to think long and hard for no apparent reason*

Well put it this way, people are going to get respected and treated better if they treat all of the consoles with respect. I do, and I get ridiculed 24/7, Why!? It should work the other way round!
Sun 16/09/01 at 18:19
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
It's the games that count!
Sun 16/09/01 at 19:10
Edgy wrote:
> Rickoss wrote:

>I'm sick of "Console
> Sides"

Well just look at the front and back then :)

... and quote of the day goes to, Edgy!

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.