GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Thu 02/10/03 at 13:17
"Genius!"
Is halo on the pc going to be much better than the xbox halo and is it going to have many extras like free online play?
Thu 02/10/03 at 13:17
"Genius!"
Is halo on the pc going to be much better than the xbox halo and is it going to have many extras like free online play?
Thu 02/10/03 at 13:21
Regular
I'm not convinced it will be better. The graphics might be tweaked to look a little sharper and a little more up to date in terms of texture memory available and the like, but at the end of the day it's not Halo's graphics that made it great, and the lack of online play didn't hinder it. In terms of a multiplayer game, Unreal Tournament is a better engine for this, and UT2004 looks sweet :D]

Halo was made great by some astonishing AI, fantastic dynamics in terms of controlling vehicles and the like. The sort of things that make games great regardless of the platform they are released on. A true classic :D
Thu 02/10/03 at 13:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Halo multiplayer is supposed to be fantastic, far better than the current crop of online games and enough to convince me to get the game.

Single player sounds by the numbers and there are supposedly a few graphical glitches that Gearbox failed to work out in the conversion, but it's multiplayer I'm getting it for primarily.
Thu 02/10/03 at 17:19
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The graphics will probably be tweaked around a bit for the PC version, seeing that the Xbox version of Halo was released last year. And there'll probably a load of extra crap added to curry interest.
Thu 02/10/03 at 20:47
Regular
first, of COURSE it will have free multiplayer online. it won't cost a penny to access it or play it. It damn well should be better after we wait so long...
Thu 02/10/03 at 21:00
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
My Beta version crashes at the end of the cartographer thing. Although I can confirm it was good fun while it lasted. Except maybe the uncuttable cutscenes. And the strange case of a lot of furnishings not being drawn on the first level, meaning you empty your clip into an invisible something or other.
Of course that'll all be fixed in the final version (I hope).
Thu 02/10/03 at 23:37
"For the horde!!!!"
will there be bots?
Tue 07/10/03 at 13:35
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Safe to say that the online multiplayer kicks butt
Tue 07/10/03 at 13:53
Regular
I'll be getting it soon, look forward to fragging with you all, online :)
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well mine has being posted to me as we speek, though I won't say from which retailer since SR doesn't like people advertising rivals. Anyway, should have it in my possesion withing a couple of days, can't wait to try the multiplayer.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.