GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You got it... (Pro Evo 3)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Thu 02/10/03 at 23:28
Regular
"es argh"
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www. (SPACE) computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=97025
Fri 03/10/03 at 20:43
Regular
The only difference with the Xbox controller is that it has a Black and a White button instead of R2 and L2.

So it would probably work fairly similar.
Fri 03/10/03 at 21:28
Regular
Do you honestly think tht Konami would just draft the PS2 controls on the Xbox controller?

They'll obviously make it so its Xbox-friendly.
Sat 04/10/03 at 19:47
Regular
"  "
gamezfreak wrote:
> Do you honestly think tht Konami would just draft the PS2 controls on
> the Xbox controller?
>
> They'll obviously make it so its Xbox-friendly.

They tried to make the GC version work with the GC controller and I'm sure many people will tell you that the fact it has only two shoulder buttons meant that it didn't work too well. So it would seem that they would have to change the game a hell of a lot if they want it to work well on the XBox. I doubt they will alter the game, they'll just shove the tactics buttons and such on the white and black buttons. This will mean that you'll have to use your right thumb when you want to utilise tactics (Which you will), so you can't pass/shoot at the same time as using tactics. Which sucks. So this'll be interesting. It will be playable most definately, but most die hard fans will be put off with the fact the tactics button is stuffed in an awkward, previously redundant position.
Sat 04/10/03 at 19:48
Regular
It worked better with the Cube version than it did on the PS2. Much better for me.
Sat 04/10/03 at 19:57
Regular
"  "
Mong. :D

If you want to win this argument you have to write a long paragraph saying why. :)
Sat 04/10/03 at 20:01
Regular
Had to use analog stick which in the end gave a lot more control ove the play. The C stick was used for one two passes and it worked really well. However already noted from the Pro Evolution 3 demo is that with the analog sticks being next to each other the level of control is considerably less. So then you end up using the D-Pad which isn't as responsive as the GameCube primary analog stick. Also Z was used for tricks however R2 isn't always convinient as most of the time I end up twisting in another direction at the same time. The cube controller overall was more responsive and easier to play with.

:)
Sat 04/10/03 at 20:10
Regular
"  "
Well...

I've always used the analogue stick anyway, and I found the fact that the PS2 controller has a round hole instead of a Hexagon hound helps alot. Also the XBox controller doesn't have a Z or R2 button so that's where things get tricky (Literally) when it comes to XBox. And finally, the GC controller used two seperate buttons for two different types of tricks, where as the PS2 controller uses the R2, which means you can keep it all bound up together which made it easier for me. I think it comes down to the fact that the first 3D Pro Evo game was designed on PSOne, so the game has developed from that and used the same controller set up since. As the game is designed around the PS2 controller, the XBox verison would need to be re-designed to work. But I don't think Konami would be prepared to do this, so I feel that they will port it, leaving the controls messed. You can tell I've been drinking...
Sat 04/10/03 at 20:12
Regular
I have the Logic 3 Wireless controller and it has two sets of white and black buttons. One set on top of the controller rather like the R1 and L1 buttons of the PS2 controller so it wouldn't be a problem really. That is of course if you own a Logic 3 wireless controller :)
Sat 04/10/03 at 20:15
Regular
That aside, I doubt it will appear on the Xbox.

Lets get back to talking about the lush playing Pro Evolution 3. Loved the demo, shots and crosses seem a little slow but the overall package is superb. Worked a move like the Bowyer >> Bellamy >> Dyer move on the opening day against Leeds and scored a quality penalty. Between Xbox LIVE, Project Gotham 2, Mario Kart Pro Evolution 3 and Manhunt I don't think I will need anything else until Feburary time next year.
Sat 04/10/03 at 20:16
Regular
"  "
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I have the Logic 3 Wireless controller and it has two sets of white
> and black buttons. One set on top of the controller rather like the
> R1 and L1 buttons of the PS2 controller so it wouldn't be a problem
> really. That is of course if you own a Logic 3 wireless controller :)

That'd be better. Maybe Logic 3 should sign a deal with Konami and release a nice Orange and black one with the PES3 logo on to go with the game? Or maybe a PS2 controller adapter for Xbox would be better... ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.