GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dogfather wants to know"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/09/01 at 03:02
Regular
Mr Dogfather is starting to get worried. For you see ladies, gentleman and people of all ages, he is starting to wonder where everyone has gone. Now I do realise that it is some stupid time in the morning and yes I am still writing this, but I don't mean now I mean in general. What has happened to the site I love to love? In the summer holidays it was booming and was a great place to come as every decent post was followed by good replies and everyone got along, well apart from a few, and everything was merry.

But then came that thing that ruined it all and has sent this site below the 2000 mark for posts within the last 24 hours, yes ladies and gentleman, it is the school holidays ended. And this wasn't a very good thing as at least 75% of the people on this site either go to school or college so hence this has created a problem for Tony and his crew.

So even though I am just that too tired to even think right now and my hands are about to drop off, well they feel like it anyway, I think I have found a way around this dilema. First you need a walrus, an egg and a match. No skip that idea that was stupid, I think the real way to attract people would be to advertise more.

The web is full of adverts. First time companies will start their money making profits from having big companies such as yourself advertising on their site. But as they are independant and are highly likely not to succeed and progress into anything massive then you are proberly better off taking your chances with the big players.

When I first discovered the great Special Reserve team and site it was I have to admit by a complete fluke. Through looking at www.totalgames.net I saw a poster saying about winning a film of your choice everyday. Now to start with I just took no notice of the stupid thing flashing at me but then curiousty (the curse of the human mind) set in and fate took part.

Thinking like every other site on the web that this place was going to be some sort of con, either that the peoples names on the winners list were all just made up or to start with that there was some ridciulous catch and it mean't ringing up a 1.50 a minute phone line. Then 5 days later I look at the winners list to see my name on it, well I know that all first winners will know what I am on about and the feeling was great, and I have been here ever since posting away until the early hours of the morning everyday that I possibly can.

Now I am one of them few people who have done what I have, came to the site and become a regular regular, if you understand what I am getting at? Basically people like pb, er-no, Sniper, FantasyMesiter, TurboNutter, Your Honour and ofcourse the rest of the lovely people on this site, who have posted more then I can count to and spend atleast 50 times the ammount of time I have on here.

Those are the people that keep this sight running as successful as it is, as without them this place is nothing, oh and ofcouse not forgetting Tony and Mr.Snuggly who like to contribute their much needed humour to the topics. So Tony my message to you even though I have now went completely off my original task is to tell you, that this place although I am fully satisfied with it, you were asking in the other thread what could be done about it, so I'm here to tell you.

You need something apart from just advertisment, even though if you were going to do more advertisment then I would suggest somewhere like www.cheatplanet.com, or an actual provider of the net such as AOL or freeserve. Now I can understand the cost of this and what really do you get out of it and that is a question that I can't answer. Personally I can't understand why you would want to give away 2 games a 1 DVD every single day. It just seems crazy to me, but if I ever win then I'll try and stop complaining.

Is there any actual profit for yourself in this competition? Do you get anything out of it? As I doubt you really do, and the people here maybe don't appreciate that as much as they should do. Now where was I? Oh yes, the improvements, something extra is needed somehow to make people want to come here and I think the main attraction for a first time user is obviously the free game, so that will needed to be mentioned, please don't think I'm patrozing you, then the cheats, prices of stock and thing along those lines need to be mentioned.

Maybe done in a flashing poster drawing you into the site, first the offer of a free game, then the possibility of 12,000 cheats, then the cheap prices. Want a free game of your choice? Stuck on a game, require assisstance? Want thousands of low priced games? Then come to Special Reserve the place where we reserve the right to make your stay enjoyable. Well something along those lines.

Thanks for reading this and any ideas that you might consider using them I'm glad I was off an assistance

The Dogfather
Sat 15/09/01 at 14:08
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
he he, Rerverand Dogfather, nice.
I think the next couple of natables will easily be goatboy and YH, they're funny chaps, :D, + funny song Dogfather, I just read in Tony's new egad 'Bar Bar black sheep' spoof, very funny.
Sat 15/09/01 at 14:01
Regular
"I am your father"
DVD=Yes, on computer but I thought well I don't really NEED them, Need a very strong word as really what do you need? Not a lot really, do you really even need to survive? Need water and foot to live, but do we need to live?

Anyway the popularity subject, I ain't really bothered about who knows me ect. I just get annoyed when no one can be bothered either to read it as they've never heard of me or they don't read it as it's too long. I get those impressions.

Anyway life is too short to argue. Let's just all treat each other likes brothers and live in harmony.

Speech from Reverend Dogfather and is copywrited under federal law.
Sat 15/09/01 at 13:53
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
The idea, isn't to give the prizes away, although that's very thoughtful of you, i'm guesing you havn't got a DVD player :) neither have I, but I don't talk much in the filmaday forums.
+ why do you think people don't reply to your posts? I don't know how popular you are, but there are quite a few people that talk to you, you've already noticed most of them. I don't know what your trying to get at here, you don't have to be popular to talk to people, i've been here for 503 days, I know lots of the 100,000 members don't talk to me, but I don't care it's the few I talk to that make my time here worthwhile. If you've stayed here for 24 days your must be enjoying the conversations here otherwise you would have left, + the many regulars and Notables that have stayed here for 300+ days are quite an encouragment to stay.
Sat 15/09/01 at 13:49
Regular
Agreement? :D

I think we agreed once...
Sat 15/09/01 at 13:34
Regular
"I am your father"
What a stupid question asking if anyone else knows, ofcourse no one else will reply for you see I am not important enough to waste time on. The one thing I am proud of though is that I have just tried to give away my FAD to charity, and I believe that is a nice thing. Whether SR will let me do it or not is really up to them, but there we are.

Now I need to win again and again and again. As if just one person can make other see then what a difference the person can make.
Sat 15/09/01 at 13:13
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Sorry about that, I had to take my dog for a walk, :D nice dog.
There are loads of staff members, I don't know many of them, Andrew Hunt was missed out, anyone know some more?
Sat 15/09/01 at 11:08
Regular
"I am your father"
If you want to read another one of my posts then I need your help, who are the SR members on the site? There's Tony, Ali AKA:Mr.Snuggly, Loki and there is someone else, song time and I need to find out who the other person is, don't suppose you could help me could you? And why do all our their names end with e sound 'ToNY, SnuggLY, LokI'?
Sat 15/09/01 at 10:55
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Pitty? he he, everyones at school, Tony and mr Snuggly are probably still settling into work, waking up with more coffee, I don't want to be a notable, i'm happy just talking to people here, i'll look forward to reading some more of your posts.
Sat 15/09/01 at 10:49
Regular
"I am your father"
Ok, well atleast I can depend on you to post in my topics as the rest of the world seems reluctant to. But that's life you spend a good 30 minutes writing something for no one to take notice, I don't write to win GAD, I have no creativity so just someone please take note. Oh and if you want to read a good topic by one Dogfather then go into the DVD forum, another post of mine which is neglected.

Answer me this, why is it that every pointless topic that really has no meaning what-so-ever such as MIST seems to attract the most people, the same goes with when a notable writes a topic, if I wrote it then maybe 20 replies, notable then that's a different story.

Ever looking o become a notable one day fog? As *Lottery Voice* 'It could be you'.

Now I'm going off to post some more and try and think of a good topic that people will take note of, oh and last bu not least what is this agreement you say with Grix? I've never heard anything about it. And RST is on a SPAM mission, I reckon he'll beat him.
Sat 15/09/01 at 10:34
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
:D Grix and Ant are unbeatable, I thought Grix had been online longer, I think he may have had an agreement with Tony somewhere along the line.
I'm looking forward to either grix or RBS to getting the 10,000 posts soon, but I know RBS will get it because Grix hasn't been talking much recently, maybe he'll proove me wrong.
I'm glad you'll stay here too, I thought there wasn't going to be anything strong enough to pull me away from SR at one time, but my server wouldn't accept it, and I was away from this beloved site for about 6months maybe more, but I have dreams about getting higher in the top 100 all time posters, oh well :D.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.