GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Zelda disc mystery..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/10/03 at 22:39
Regular
Some of you may know of the confirmation that a Zelda bonus disc featuring 4 Zelda games and a demo will be released with Gamecube's shortly. For those that don't know, here is that list of games:

The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of Link
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
And a The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker demo.

Sounds cool doesn't it? Indeed it does. But I don't... really... understand it. Here are my list of questions:

1: Why Zelda? I mean Nintendo already plan 2 spin off games and a Wind Waker sequel... why release ANOTHER Zelda bonus disc?

2: Why didn't we get this with the Wind Waker, I'm not trying to be greedy I was happy with what I got but Majora's Mask would be a fine replacement for the very unimportant Master Quest. It wouldn't have required too much effort... and these NES titles could have been downloadable into the GBA if Nintendo really want to sell the link up idea.

3: Why bundle it with the console? I mean sure it's a nice alternative to a demo disc but surly Zelda fans will already have a Gamecube... and those fans now will miss out on this offer. Also it doesn't paint a great picture for the Gamecube. Surly Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Super Metroid and F Zero would be a more varied response of gameplay than 4 games from the same series.

4: If this is for Zelda fans why miss out 4 Zelda titles?

So as you can see... Bundelling this with the console, the choice of titles, the reasoning behind a second re-release... is all a mystery.

There are two reasonings behind it all, I can come up with, maybe you can come up with more.

1: Nintendo are giving the game FREE with the console perhaps. In UK terms a console with the special disc is the normal £80... a console with a game is £100. It is like the alternatice to a demo disc most gamers are used to getting with a console... instead of a load of half finished games we get 4 old classics and a demo of a superb Gamecube game. Still doesn't answer the question... why Zelda?

2: There is one more addition to this Bonus Disc to come perhaps... in the form of the "Four Swords". The superb Gamecube game maybe a bit short lived and lacks any single player motivation to sell as a stand alone game. Miyamoto suggested that his Pacman game maybe bundled with a "Pacman collection". The game was eventually bundled in many different forms but was not sold as a stand alone game. This could be what is going to happen with Four Swords and Tetra's Trackers.

What do you think?
Sun 12/10/03 at 14:52
Regular
:P

I actually fancy one of the Cubeboards...

*Investigates*
Sat 11/10/03 at 17:20
Regular
There you go again :)
Sat 11/10/03 at 17:19
Regular
Not really, no?
Sat 11/10/03 at 17:16
Regular
It must be quite a skill being able to answer your own question with the correct response.
Sat 11/10/03 at 17:15
Regular
Talking of keyboards, I really want an ASCII GameCube Keyboard, just for a laugh.

An interesting point, no?
Sat 11/10/03 at 16:32
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> I'll get the tickets!
>
> Oh, you're joking....

Yes... Joking...

These Japanese keyboards are hard to use I tell thee.
Sat 11/10/03 at 12:41
Regular
I'll get the tickets!

Oh, you're joking....
Sat 11/10/03 at 12:37
Regular
Lets all bankrupt Nintendo by travelling to Japan and demanding a free game this instance!

As well as the price drop money they dropped the console by.
Sat 11/10/03 at 12:30
"I love yo... lamp."
They should give us it all free!
Sat 11/10/03 at 12:27
Regular
Yes :-P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.