GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who's the dumbass??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/09/01 at 12:42
Regular
A while ago I had a Geocities.com site that I was constantly working on.

Then I got a new domain name (www.ZPGAMER.co.uk) I did some really quick stuff and uploaded it so the site is rubbish. So I downloaded CuteHTML and I intend to download or get Dreamweaver soon. But CuteHTML lets you use it after the evaluation date expires for some reason?(hehe :-))!

So I have started programming and it all looks great but now I am starting to write outiste of the borders on the left and write. And ME the Dumb@ss has forgotten how to make it so that you have your menu inside your coloured margin on the left (e.g Special Reserve and the blue one) and writing easily goes on the white part in the middle.

But I don't want someone saying use a Center align coz this dumb@ss already tried it (:-S).

If you dont understand me fully, then go to http://ukgames.com and look at the page you see a blue margin with a menu and writing on the right using a left align?

Please help me!!!

ZP
Sun 30/09/01 at 13:46
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
No, First Page 200 is the answer to every coder's dream!
Sun 30/09/01 at 12:57
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Ahh this Dumb@Ass just figured out how to make menus about an hour after originally posting this topic. :-S

I can either use frames or make a background with a sidemenu and type:

LEFTMARGIN='....' and I 'm sorted sos bout that guys!
Sun 30/09/01 at 12:53
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> My first piece of advice is to ditch cutehtml.

Notepad - the answer to every
> html coders dreams.

Dreamweaver is only good for server
> synchronisation.

If you use a HTML coder to write all your stuff, you will
> never understand exactly how you are putting things together.

-IB

Well I know that I can use DreamWeaver (which I know have) for WYSIWYG type of thing but I hate doing that and it really gets boring, I use the half HTML and VIEWING thing which lets me type and see what is happening at the same time and lets me see if there are any mistakes quicker
Sun 30/09/01 at 11:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
FP2000 is First Page 2000, available free from http://www.evrsoft.com .
Sun 30/09/01 at 11:42
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Front Page? Get out of my sight you evil devil-child! Do not return until you
> have banished Satan from your house/computer and bought FP2000! REPENT!

FP? Isn't that Frontpage? Or First Page? Oh, I don't know. You have the answers Rob.
Sun 30/09/01 at 11:28
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Front Page? Get out of my sight you evil devil-child! Do not return until you have banished Satan from your house/computer and bought FP2000! REPENT!
Sun 30/09/01 at 11:13
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I use Frontpage, but I also try to teach myself HTML :)
Sat 29/09/01 at 17:31
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Me neither, but FP200 is much better.
Sat 29/09/01 at 17:26
"High polygon count"
Good grief!

I don't know which was first, but 1st Page 2000 looks EXTREMELY similar to HomeSite 4.5.
Sat 29/09/01 at 17:05
"High polygon count"
Aha! Must confess I didn't even attempt to look at the zipfile - just assumed it was a corrupt download. Cheers!

As for the payment system... I was thinking, initially, about something like PayPal.com and the like and not an on-site order system like SR have. Didn't know if you'd had or know of any good/bad experiences with any of them.

For the moment, at least, delivery etc. will only be to the local (Norhtampton) area, so nothing too fancy is required.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.