GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who's the dumbass??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/09/01 at 12:42
Regular
A while ago I had a Geocities.com site that I was constantly working on.

Then I got a new domain name (www.ZPGAMER.co.uk) I did some really quick stuff and uploaded it so the site is rubbish. So I downloaded CuteHTML and I intend to download or get Dreamweaver soon. But CuteHTML lets you use it after the evaluation date expires for some reason?(hehe :-))!

So I have started programming and it all looks great but now I am starting to write outiste of the borders on the left and write. And ME the Dumb@ss has forgotten how to make it so that you have your menu inside your coloured margin on the left (e.g Special Reserve and the blue one) and writing easily goes on the white part in the middle.

But I don't want someone saying use a Center align coz this dumb@ss already tried it (:-S).

If you dont understand me fully, then go to http://ukgames.com and look at the page you see a blue margin with a menu and writing on the right using a left align?

Please help me!!!

ZP
Fri 14/09/01 at 12:42
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
A while ago I had a Geocities.com site that I was constantly working on.

Then I got a new domain name (www.ZPGAMER.co.uk) I did some really quick stuff and uploaded it so the site is rubbish. So I downloaded CuteHTML and I intend to download or get Dreamweaver soon. But CuteHTML lets you use it after the evaluation date expires for some reason?(hehe :-))!

So I have started programming and it all looks great but now I am starting to write outiste of the borders on the left and write. And ME the Dumb@ss has forgotten how to make it so that you have your menu inside your coloured margin on the left (e.g Special Reserve and the blue one) and writing easily goes on the white part in the middle.

But I don't want someone saying use a Center align coz this dumb@ss already tried it (:-S).

If you dont understand me fully, then go to http://ukgames.com and look at the page you see a blue margin with a menu and writing on the right using a left align?

Please help me!!!

ZP
Fri 14/09/01 at 17:11
Regular
"How Handy."
you need a table. nuff said.
Fri 28/09/01 at 17:36
"Darkness, always"
My first piece of advice is to ditch cutehtml.

Notepad - the answer to every html coders dreams.

Dreamweaver is only good for server synchronisation.

If you use a HTML coder to write all your stuff, you will never understand exactly how you are putting things together.

-IB
Fri 28/09/01 at 18:44
Insane Bartender wrote:
> My first piece of advice is to ditch cutehtml.

Notepad - the answer to every
> html coders dreams.

Dreamweaver is only good for server
> synchronisation.

If you use a HTML coder to write all your stuff, you will
> never understand exactly how you are putting things together.

-IB

I'm waiting for Frontpage 2002 to come down in price.
Fri 28/09/01 at 18:47
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
What's new in Frontpage 2002?
Fri 28/09/01 at 19:00
Probably Smart panes that were used in Office XP. And that's all I know... except that it's now £150 at PC World, which is only £30 more than the price SR are selling Frontpage 2000.
Sat 29/09/01 at 00:57
"High polygon count"
Dreamweaver 4 is awesome - knocks seven shades out of FrontPage.

Flash 5 is pretty cool too, but I haven't had the chance to play with it properly yet.
Sat 29/09/01 at 01:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
There isn't a webdesign program that exists that is "awesome". They just look nice.

Trust me, it looks good at first but jtry and do anything complicated and you are totally buggered.
Sat 29/09/01 at 02:20
"High polygon count"
Well, I'm having no problems with it... and my company's site was done with it... http://www.dataforce.co.uk

Seems fine to me! :-)
Sat 29/09/01 at 11:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah, very nice, but it's a simple site.

For example, my compo entry (http://www.tranquillity.f2s.com/new_wave) has a compplicated layout system to get it look right without cheating. If you tried to do that in Dreamweaver it would look totally wrong and just wouldn't work. I spent hours fiddling with the code for that to get it to work, something that is impossible for Dreamweaver because it doesn't have a foggiest what you're trying to do. It's the same for http://www.imagics.f2s.com/mixing_tin/design2.htm , Dreamweaver couldn't comprehend at all what I was doing, and I ended up spending 2 days and 3 major re-jigs to get it to work!

Webdesign programs, although adequet for beginner projects, just can't compare to the might of a frustrated webdesigner using Wordpad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.