GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube Launch...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/09/01 at 10:50
Regular
Well, well, well. (3 holes in the ground... :D)

It's out in Japan, and what seemed like years 'til the European launch is nearing. The reaction from Japan is quite good with quite a few people queueing up. Of course the real test will be at christmas, when all 3 powerhouses go at it. But for now lets look at the Japanese launch.

That's right...

Keep looking...

There it is...

Ha!

I wonder if the latest announcement from Capcom will sell any systems. Maybe to the Biohazard fanatics, but in general, I think it might signal to quite a few people that Nintendo are moving on from the 'kiddie' stage but taking the best bits from that era with them.

Anyone buying a Nintendo console should expect a Mario or Zelda game. The fact that so many good games are in production is a VERY big bonus for future 'Cubers.

I can't wait for EG3: Gamecube. Anyhoo...

Toys R Us said that about 80% of their stores have exhausted their first batch of Gamecubes through pre-oders and first day buyers alone!

I'm telling you, I'm not going to mail order mine from SR, I'm going down to the biggest SR store down south and ploughing through the competition, knocking Ali over at the door and getting my Gamecube! But there are so many good games... damn Nintendo!

Anyhow, we're straying from the subject: The Japanese Launch. I don't suppose we can make any major assesments until we receive the unit sales figures; but I think with a console like the Gamecube, with the support and future it has in store, and the overall greatnessness of Nintendo, it'll sell like tupenny (sp?) hot cakes in the school cantine!!

Go Nintendo Go -Ninten-Go! << Get it... :P

Anyway, This is a Prime topic thingy so I better not fun it up to much!

Thoughts? Sales Figures? Interesting Statements or Bits of Info?

POST HERE!

Game
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:54
Regular
Ok, Toys R Us said they sold 80% of 'Cube stock through pre-orders and people buying on the day.

Nice.

Excpet we don't know how many thay had. It could have just been 100 consoles. Meaning they sold 80. That's why I don't like percentages.

However, if they had 100,000 consoles, then selling 80,000 first off is pretty good.

I guess we'll just have to wait until actual figures are produced.

Also, I heard a rumour that the Jap launch of the XBox MAY be put off 'til after christmas, in which case Nintendo will be laughing all the way to the bank...
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:50
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Well, well, well. (3 holes in the ground... :D)

It's out in Japan, and what seemed like years 'til the European launch is nearing. The reaction from Japan is quite good with quite a few people queueing up. Of course the real test will be at christmas, when all 3 powerhouses go at it. But for now lets look at the Japanese launch.

That's right...

Keep looking...

There it is...

Ha!

I wonder if the latest announcement from Capcom will sell any systems. Maybe to the Biohazard fanatics, but in general, I think it might signal to quite a few people that Nintendo are moving on from the 'kiddie' stage but taking the best bits from that era with them.

Anyone buying a Nintendo console should expect a Mario or Zelda game. The fact that so many good games are in production is a VERY big bonus for future 'Cubers.

I can't wait for EG3: Gamecube. Anyhoo...

Toys R Us said that about 80% of their stores have exhausted their first batch of Gamecubes through pre-oders and first day buyers alone!

I'm telling you, I'm not going to mail order mine from SR, I'm going down to the biggest SR store down south and ploughing through the competition, knocking Ali over at the door and getting my Gamecube! But there are so many good games... damn Nintendo!

Anyhow, we're straying from the subject: The Japanese Launch. I don't suppose we can make any major assesments until we receive the unit sales figures; but I think with a console like the Gamecube, with the support and future it has in store, and the overall greatnessness of Nintendo, it'll sell like tupenny (sp?) hot cakes in the school cantine!!

Go Nintendo Go -Ninten-Go! << Get it... :P

Anyway, This is a Prime topic thingy so I better not fun it up to much!

Thoughts? Sales Figures? Interesting Statements or Bits of Info?

POST HERE!

Game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.