GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube Demos?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/10/03 at 13:50
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Have you got any GameCube demos for sale? Email [email protected] if you have. I've already got Zelda and Splinter cell (though SC is scratched real good so I need another.)

Thanks.
Wed 22/10/03 at 09:35
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I played the Star Wars demo yesterday so thats one more.
Tue 21/10/03 at 11:39
Regular
"hit the road jack"
With all the titles coming out in the future a demo would help those who are unsure what games to get and for people like us who know that the titles will be worth it, the demo could keep us amused until the release of the game.

Miyamoto likes to keep his games hush but a demo of Pikmin 2 wouldnt spoil the game. We already know about the characters. Just give us a small level where we could get an idea of how the game would be played, try out the new Pikmin, attack a few enimies and so on.
Tue 21/10/03 at 11:19
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I think it's a big shame there aren't more demo discs available.
I remember many years ago when the N64 was around, people I knew were getting PS1 demos with their official mags, and the ability to play small demos of lots of new games was great, but owning a console which used carts didn't allow demos, and I was always slightly jealous. Then when I got my PS1, playing demos was great at helping me see whether certain games are any good.

Fast foward to today, we have a disc-based machine, so there's no real reason why we can't have regular demo discs is there?

Demos are useful. They often do help in helping to decide if a game is worth getting. Not too long ago I purchased Battlefield 1942 and then even more recently Tiger Woods 2004 on PC purely because I had played the demos and really enjoyed them.
Tue 21/10/03 at 11:12
Regular
"hit the road jack"
There are none for sale right now. The only ones that I know exist are the Splinter Cell, Viewtiful Joe, P.N.0.3 and the ones used in the shops that are updated rarely.
Tue 21/10/03 at 10:31
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Where can I buy demos?
Tue 14/10/03 at 14:57
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
JC941 wrote:
>
> With the viewtifull Joe demo GAME are sending out, Nintendo may allow
> more game demos of games which aren't actually released yet.

I'm a card holder there and have bought Cube games, have the Viewtiful Joe demo's been sent already (has anyone got one yet ?) - as the game is out fairly soon.
Tue 14/10/03 at 14:22
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Edgy wrote:
> I've got a demo disc containing Starfox, Beach Spikers and something
> else which I can't remember which I'm willing to sell for £20 +
> p&p :D

Email me at [email protected] with more info. on the demo and I might buy it. Cheers. locky
Sat 11/10/03 at 12:12
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Edgy wrote:
> I've got a demo disc containing Starfox, Beach Spikers and something
> else which I can't remember which I'm willing to sell for £20 +
> p&p :D

Lol £20 haha
Sat 11/10/03 at 12:10
Regular
Probably if you pre-order... don't quote me on that mind.
Sat 11/10/03 at 11:31
Regular
"the burning sky"
JC941 wrote:
> I got the SC demo with NGC a few months ago in Morrisons along with a
> Hitman2 guide :S
>
> NOM hinted about demos when they had a reader poll and asked 'Would
> demos help you decide which games to buy?' I think about 97% said yes
> :D:D
>
> With the viewtifull Joe demo GAME are sending out, Nintendo may allow
> more game demos of games which aren't actually released yet.

Can you actually go into GAME and pic them up, or do you have to be a member?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.